Is it possible to be too realistic?

Or have I just crossed the line to pessimistic? For example, I always try my best not to get too excited over anything and to not really get my hopes up. That way, when it doesn't work out, I won't be too disappointed, or if it does, then I have something to be happy over. Realistic or pessimistic?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Being realistic means you understand your limitations and what you can achieve - but you still go out and do your best and make the most out of a given situation. lowering your expectations to avoid disappointment is not necessarily the same thing - yes sometimes to be real you need to lower your expectations, but other times being real means you understand you are capable of achieving great things and not selling yourself short. A pessimistic person is someone who underestimates him/herself on a consistent basis. Therefore, if you are inappropriately lowering your expectations, you are being pessimistic.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I am obsessed over being a rationale, and was somewhat like you. But there is always a danger, you might end up being a pessimist, if your don't scrutinize yourself carefully time and again. Else, you're doing good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Realistically, dear, the world sucks. They made 3 chipmunks movies and people got paid for it

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you don't abandon all of your ambition it's normal.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes