What is the ideal age you would like to get married?

So at what age do you think by then you would like to get married ?
  • Under 18
    Vote A
  • 18-21
    Vote B
  • 21-23
    Vote C
  • 24-27
    Vote D
  • 27 or older ? - if so please say what age.
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted D

I'd like to be married before 30 because I'd like to have a few years of just my husband and I before kids are thrown into the mix. (get to travel and stuff). and I don't want to be like 35 when I have my first kid.

I'm currently 19 and I've never been in a relationship so getting married before 23 seems unrealistic to me. plus, at 23 I'd only be about 2 years out of college so who knows where I'll be job / financial-wise.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Never, marriage is too risky for men in the United States. That's not to say I don't think marriage is a bad thing for families and two really committed spouses. The laws are just too against men to make marriage a smart thing for a man who does his research. I prefer committed long-term relationships without the chance of marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • 27 I figure by then I might be tired of partying than again I can always extend it to 30 just in case.

I don't really think there is a set age to get married...you either end up marrying or you don't I doubt you will really no what age you will be or when...besides if you set up an age your marriage may not even work out. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Where is the 'never' option?

I don't have an ideal age because marriage is out of the question for me.

0|1
    0|1
    • Why don't pu wan't to get married ? if I may ask ?

• Show All
    • Out of curiosity, do you want kids?

• I have no desire to become a parent.

• when I was younger, I always thought I would be married by the time I was 21, because I've always wanted to just be a mother and wife, buuuuttttttt my 21st birthday is in less than 6 months so unless I meet Mr. Right and we decide to get married right away, I doubt that's gonna happen. I hope tho that I will def be married by 25 :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not going to put pressure on myself or settle just because I've reached a certain age. I'll marry the right guy when I find him and know we're both ready. But I'd like to be done with school and have an established career first.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think there is an ideal for me... any age. I mean If I know for certain I found the right girl then I would be prepared to marry younger. I won't be going elsewhere so I don't think it'd be a problem

0|0
    0|0
  • Around 24-27 sounds good to me. I want children and female fertility drops dramatically at 35, and since I don't want the children too close together, 24-27 is more ideal.

0|0
    0|0
  • 27+ because I want to have time to gain life experiences and see the world before I settle down with someone. I also want to wait until I find someone that I absolutely certain I want to spend my life with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Between 24-27. I need to hurry because I'm still single and 22, almost 23 :')

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever I get it together and graduate college and get a grown up job. Once I know I can support myself I won't mind getting married. So I guess 26-27 sounds ideal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Answer choice D.

If everything goes as planned, I'll be finished with college and my career will be well under way. I'll have experienced a lot, gone overseas, etc. It would be time to settle down

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on if I have found the right guy, so I can't answer this question.

1|0
    0|0
  • 28-30 because I want to have fun with friends and not be tied down before then.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my thirties. So many things I want to accomplish before I decide to get married.

0|0
    0|0
  • 24-25ish ideally.

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
  • oops I meant E not D...30

0|0
    0|0
  • 30 to 35.

0|0
    0|0
  • i certainly hope I will be married or at least engaged by the time I am 30. if not I will probably not be too happy. I would like to get married between 24-28 or so but it's not like I have a choice in the matter because right now I am single.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a cousin who's 30 and I am 23, we were drinking last night and this conversation came up. I said I could see myself being married around 25-26 and he basically told me that was a horrible idea. He said he had always planned on being married in his early to mid 20's and a series of failed relationships has him single now. He said he has absolutely no interest in being married at any point in his life just due to how people are these days. Divorce is 50%, everyone wants more, and there is never enough in a relationship. This really got me thinking about things and I see it in my daily life. I see girls leave guys because something better comes along, that fails. Then the woman runs back to the old guy who doesn't want her anymore. It's just a constant cycle of hurt it seems.

0|0
    0|0
    • The number one reason girls break up with a guy is because of another guy (doesn't mean she's cheating on her bf). True a lot of people divorce nowadays, but if you find the right one it's worth a shot.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes