How can I learn about politics?

American politics to be correct,

I literally know nothing

where could I find out about the declaration, founding fathers, presidents, fundamental concepts of law, taxes, money,

different parties and their views etc.

YouTube videos would be the easiest way for me, but I don't mind books, articles, movies

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• archives.gov is good place to start if you want to read the founding documents. Here link you will find the declaration of independence, the constitution of the united states, the bill of rights, and other noteworthy charters. If you want a general reference of federal laws you can check here link and if you want to read about individual state laws you just need to search "[state name] statutes" in Google. For example these are the Florida Statutes link There are a lot of laws, most of it is based on common law. The library of congress isn't too shabby either link As far as taxation, the basics are address in the constitution, with income tax be addressed in the sixteenth amendment to the United States Constitution. Tax law at this point is rather convoluted... The US department of the Treasury link should have information on currency. As far as political parties are concerned, there are a ton of them registered, but only two of them Republicans and Democrats actually have real influence. There websites are link and link respectively.

0|3
    0|0
    • ARTICLE 11.

As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

• Show All
    • *Macedonia

• useful links

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Take a constitutional law course it will start you from the basics...

help you define your political beliefs at best

but teachers matter so hopefully you get a good class size and professor..

so you can debate on your beliefs and hear what others believe...

Goodluck Tam

0|1
    0|0
  • Check out a us history book from the library. Look it up on wikipedia (and then check out the sources that are listed). Browse through google search results. Talk to a history teacher or professor...

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=SokQQBHWUpY

0|1
    0|0
    • And then... lol that movie kind of amusing. =)

• Talking to others who know about politics is also a great way too because you can learn to talk politics with confidence and it's best to like your 'mentor' as well :)

I say maybe an American Government teacher or professor

0|1
    0|0
  • go to a pre-school and study how the kids act towards each other when they want something...it's basically the same

0|1
    0|1
  • Political Science courses with an unbiased professor would be the most effective route to get you started.

0|1
    0|0
  • Take a class at a local community college, poly sci or maybe US history,but remeber its ue country, your politics, ans your opinion !

0|1
    0|0
  • I remember clearly reading the op-eds in my parents news paper when I was about 11 or 12 and I continued to do so. First in my own language, later in English too. (Art Buchwald's syndicated column , back then) At 16 I received a subscription to Time Magazine. I still have it.

I got history courses at elementary, middle and high school, at the University and I read many books about history. Law courses at University too.

Youtube videos will be rather superficial (sometimes misleading!) but I'm sure you can find many things in Wikipedia. Unless it's a 'hot' subject, errors in Wikipedia items are very rare. They exist of course but usually they are corrected very quickly because many people having different opinions work on it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes