How can I learn about politics?

American politics to be correct,

I literally know nothing

where could I find out about the declaration, founding fathers, presidents, fundamental concepts of law, taxes, money,

different parties and their views etc.

YouTube videos would be the easiest way for me, but I don't mind books, articles, movies

44

Most Helpful Guy

• archives.gov is good place to start if you want to read the founding documents. Here link you will find the declaration of independence, the constitution of the united states, the bill of rights, and other noteworthy charters. If you want a general reference of federal laws you can check here link and if you want to read about individual state laws you just need to search "[state name] statutes" in Google. For example these are the Florida Statutes link There are a lot of laws, most of it is based on common law. The library of congress isn't too shabby either link As far as taxation, the basics are address in the constitution, with income tax be addressed in the sixteenth amendment to the United States Constitution. Tax law at this point is rather convoluted... The US department of the Treasury link should have information on currency. As far as political parties are concerned, there are a ton of them registered, but only two of them Republicans and Democrats actually have real influence. There websites are link and link respectively.

• ARTICLE 11.

As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

• *Macedonia

• useful links