Dudes: What does "soon" mean to you?

For example, "Going to take you for a drink soon."

Or, "I'll give you a shout soon."

When do you use "soon," or "later"? For example, if I'm talking to my friends and I say I'll call them later, I mean that I'll call them that day, but when I'm less busy. So, I use these words interchangeably to let my friends know that I'll contact them at a more convenient time for me.

Assuming that this guy who got my number also uses the word "soon" as in, "when is most convenient for me," is there a point in getting too excited about it?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• If I say I'll take you out for a drink soon, I'm just being nice and gauging how much she actually wants to go out. If I say "I'll call soon" if I'm busy that means I'll call as soon as I'm no longer busy. If it's just because I don't feel like talking it just means sometime that week, maybe lol

It really depends, but usually it's not a bad thing. There's some intent to get back to you, though how immediate depends on the situation (and person).