It's like he's checking up on me? What does this mean?

i was talking to this guy for five months, we texted almost every day, he lives in the US and I in Canada, we Skyped all the time and really fell for each other that we were planing some long term relationship plans for us to seriously date after college.( which is in two years) cause we were exactly what we were looking for in a partner. he was planning to also coming to visit me. but then he decided that we shouldn't make such serious plans yet cause he's not ready for a serious long term relationship so soon and since we lived so far away from each other he said he felt like he was holding me back and that we haven't really lived life yet to be making long term relationship decisions yet and its torture to wait for each other in two years to finish school to be together. I totally agreed and wanted to meet guys here and he can meet girls there. I'm happy with everything. but. he told me that. if were both single in two years that he really wants to have a romantic serious relationship with me after school and wants to know if I m open to that...i said yes if I'm single. but now that we have moved on...he still texts me once a week. after we "broke it off" ...like he texted me "hey", and I thought it was just to slowly break away from me. but now, every Sunday or Monday he texts me that he's "thinking about me" or asking me how I'm doing and it been happening for a month and a week now,. he says he doesn't want to loose touch with me cause anything could happen in the future, but he doesn't want to jump and say it will...what does this all mean I know he want his freedom, I understand that, I also do atm, but if he says he want time for himself why does he text me once a week and says stuff like "hey wonderful" like he's checking up on me?.. -_- its throws me off. PLEASE HELP!i want to meet other guys what should I do :D thanks for your help :P

21

Most Helpful Guy

• This sounds so similar to my situation - I would say almost 80%;, :|

Distance doesn't help, it not feasible.

But still when you find someone very interesting, its hard to just drop it and move on like nothing happened. It sucks to find right persons at wrong time and place.

So to answer you question - he is texting you because he cannot forget you and move on like nothing happened.