What does it mean when a guy says he doesn't know what he wants?

I just had a conversation with the guy I was dating, and he old me that he was confused about what he wants. What does this mean exactly?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It means just that, he doesn't know what he wants. Either that or he would prefer to keep things casual, because he's not into long-term relationships in general, or he's not into one with you. It could mean any of the above.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It means he's not sure if he wants a girlfriend or not.

Btw, your so fine. wow. Hey uh... ever wanted to date a snowboarder?

1|0
    0|0
  • hE DOESN'T KNOW if he wants to break away from you or whether he wants to stay with you and get deeper into whatever you 2 have going on together.

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't know whether he wants a long term relationship or not. Lay off him a bit, and show him a good time whenever you two are together. You are dating for a reason. Show that reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Means he doesn't know what he wants. No other hidden meaning

0|0
    0|0
  • Were you at mcdonald's or something

5|0
    0|0
  • He is unsure of what his desires might be.

0|0
    0|0
  • That means he is confused about what he wants.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went through this. It depends on what context did he tell you this. If you were talking about your relationship, "not knowing what he wants" is like saying "I'm not sure I'm able to pull a relationshp right now, I have a lot in mi head". But if he meant it in a wider sense, maybe he just hasn't found his passion or his direction.. and incidentally, that could mean he doesn't know if what he wants is you.

My boyfriend told me the same "I don't know what I want" in a time when he lost his job, found no passions to run to, he didn't know what to do, who to listen to. He was LOST. And yes, I couldn't deal with the incertainty of him turning away from me any given day. It broke my heart but we broke up, and I told him "I'm leaving you not because I don't love you, but because you have issues to sort out". I gave him space, time.

He came back to me in 2 weeks. He didn't know what he wanted in love, but whatever he wanted, he wanted to share with me. Still together <3. And he still doesn't know what he wants, but he's getting there. No hurry! If he loves you, he'll be there. If things are not meant to work out, at least you won't be wasting your time

1|0
    0|0
  • Well normally when a "man" meets a woman, he's either going to fall in love with her or not.

I see it as he didn't find that spark with you because his mind would have been madeup in a heartbeat if he had a good amount of romantic feelings for you.

He's saying he doesn't know what he wants because you didn't make him feel like you were what he wanted.

1|0
    1|0
  • He wants you but he doesn't want to get out of the dating game either so he's not sure if he wants to commit.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes