Is it weird that I still listen to the same type of music that I did 4-5 years ago?

So the title pretty much says it all. I sometimes wonder whether or not the continued consistency in my musical taste is a sign that I haven't really changed since high school in some way. Don't get me wrong, I love what I listen to, stuff like Coldplay, Cary Brothers, Death Cab for Cutie, Elbow, and Muse, all of which I think is brilliant. But as I went through these last five years, I saw everyone around me change in musical tastes and other ways, while I still feel like I'm the same. Could this be true? Or am I just questioning myself too much?
Updates:
Thanks for the responses. I value my musical tastes and intelligence, but its just that lately I've been doing some self-evaluation on whether or not I fit into any part of modern society. But your responses make me see that I don't really need self-evaluation. Thank you :)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• well most people,esp. teens,listen to music that connects to what they're feeling at the time,so as time goes by,and feelings change,they stop listening to it. but,if you liked those bands without getting attached,or if you still feel the same way-there's no reason you should stop liking those bands.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The only way to change is by doing things that we don't feel comfortable doing, if it is uncomfortable it means are expanding ourselves, that's the way I look at it.

The question is finding those areas in your life in which you think you will benefit a lot by expanding. Maybe money, love, health. I don't think music is that important, unless you live off it, like if you are a DJ or something like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah it's not weird. Good music is timeless and there's no expiry date for music. I also listen to a lot of older stuff too.

0|0
    0|0
  • no it's not weird

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like XRabbitHeartX says, good music is timeless. Good music is about experiences and feelings. Almost impossible to come by these days.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes