Is it weird that I still listen to the same type of music that I did 4-5 years ago?

So the title pretty much says it all. I sometimes wonder whether or not the continued consistency in my musical taste is a sign that I haven't really changed since high school in some way. Don't get me wrong, I love what I listen to, stuff like Coldplay, Cary Brothers, Death Cab for Cutie, Elbow, and Muse, all of which I think is brilliant. But as I went through these last five years, I saw everyone around me change in musical tastes and other ways, while I still feel like I'm the same. Could this be true? Or am I just questioning myself too much?
Thanks for the responses. I value my musical tastes and intelligence, but its just that lately I've been doing some self-evaluation on whether or not I fit into any part of modern society. But your responses make me see that I don't really need self-evaluation. Thank you :)

42

Most Helpful Girl

• well most people,esp. teens,listen to music that connects to what they're feeling at the time,so as time goes by,and feelings change,they stop listening to it. but,if you liked those bands without getting attached,or if you still feel the same way-there's no reason you should stop liking those bands.