Girls: What would you think if your S.O. teared up when he proposed to you?

Assume you're in a strong, long-term relationship with the guy; you're seriously considering marriage, so his proposing to you would be appropriate (i.e. not too early).

As he starts to say those four words ("Will you marry me?"), his eyes start to tear up. Not full-out bawling for five minutes -- but a few tears shed.

What would you think?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I would think it was sweet, cute, adorable with just a hint of sexy. But most importantly.

I would know he meant it and that the purposal was true and genuine. That, he loved

me so much, that he couldn't contain his emotions of just how much he did love me or

how much he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. And, I would love him all the

more for that, because it would be a sincere heartfelt purposal and in the end that's what

a girl wants or at least this girl anyway. It's not about the ring or the setting, it's about the

emotion and sincerity, put into the purposal and showing how much you truly love that person

and want to be with them forever! Plus, if he tears up, I won't feel so bad when I start crying

tears of joy, so it's a win win lol.

You know, I think might start crying right now, just because I'm single and have no idea when I'll

get to that point in my life : (

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I would probably be like Awwwww how cute he actually cares about me!...and than I would probably wipe his tears away because he doesn't need to cry over me he already has me other wise it would never have gotten to the point of a marriage proposal.

0|1
    0|0
  • remember this for life;

it doesn't matter what chicks say, crying in any shape or form in front of a girl is like cutting your d*** off.

go away from her and cry for as long as you wish, just don't do it in front of her. don't. just don't.

0|1
    5|4
    • That's not true!

Girls would be glad you're emotionally open towards/around them.

• Show All
    • LOL if girls apparently don't know their own feelings about it, then how do you?

• Totally, completely and utterly wrong in every single way possible.

• That would be beautiful. I would be moved by such raw emotion. It would probably make me tear up too. Awww I'm desperately waiting for the moment this happens to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd think he was a sweetie and is in touch with his feelings. Guys tend to save up all their tears for the day that an anvil falls on their toes.

Personally, I don't tear up too often either, but a moment like that is naturally a tear-jerker...

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd think he's the sweetest guy ever! I'd feel more at ease because I'll be crying too, haha, I'm way too emotional when I see a proposal or a wedding, let alone it would be mine :')

0|1
    0|0
  • My fiance teared up a little and it was beyond sweet. But it also hit me really hard how much I loved him, that I never want to see him hurt, I never want to see "real" tears

0|1
    0|0
  • It's kind of cute but not really my style. I would think it was really cute if he acted all nervous, but he should hold in his tears because I can guarantee that I would be the one crying.

0|1
    0|1
  • It's corny thinking about it

But I wouldn't think it's corny in the heat of the moment

1|3
    0|0
  • He's being very sentimental. - I would feel very uncomfortable.

0|0
    1|2
    • Uncomfortable? ... Interesting. Do you mean his emotion would make you uncomfortable? Or just that any marriage proposal would/might make you uncomfortable?

• Show All
    • No. Just cohabitation. :)

• Fair enough. I think a lot of people feel the same way. In some sense, I do too, but I still attach some emotional and psychological value/importance to marriage. (Not legal value, though. In my opinion, marriage should not be the government's business!)

• Adorable and nothing more really I will love it because that means he really wantto marry me from his heart

0|2
    0|0
  • I think my heart would melt, and it would be impossible for me to say no.

0|1
    0|0
  • Awww yes yes yes. o look a man with real feelings, yay

0|1
    0|0
  • I would think he really really cherishes me and would make it all the more heat-felt! :')

0|1
    0|0
  • absolutely adorable :')

0|2
    0|0
  • i would think that he is really sweet. it would make me want to hug him and make everything better! aww I'm hoping a guy does that to me someday:)

0|1
    0|0
  • I would find it very cute : )

0|1
    0|0
  • Adorable, cute and lovely I would love it

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes