Why do girls think this about nice guys?

That almost all of them are secretly a**holes? If you think nice guys are secretly a**holes, then you missed the entire concept of what an actual nice guy is.

A nice guy is, well, a nice guy.

If an a**hole is masquerading as a nice guy, he isn't a nice guy.

He's an a**hole.

There's no in between, there's no gray area, he's just that, an a**hole, always was from the beginning, chances are you probably just couldn't see it.

That's like me getting with a sweet and well mannered girl, and then when she goes crazy and turns out to be a bitch, I call every nice girl on the planet a "secret bitch."

No, it doesn't work that way. She was just a bitch pretending to be a good girl, and I was the one who fell for it.

98

Most Helpful Girl

• Many guys who coin themselves nice guys, are in fact secret a**holes. It's the difference between an overtly rude person (imagine a loud, boisterous person cursing you out because they dislike you) and a passively rude person (imagine a person pretending to be nice to your face, but trashing you to everyone behind your back). Both of them are very similar but the way they present themselves are 2 totally different things.

Quite a few nice guys come off that way because they'll act one way and pose as a friend, or someone who is nonthreatening, nice...but then when they realize they won't be getting the girl they want, they flip the script and act very jerky and nasty.

I've seennumerous questions on this site like "Girls don't like nice guys, should I be a jerk?" Well if you were truly that nice, why would you consider hurting people and being a jerk? Because you were ACTING like a nice guy, but when that wasn't getting you any ass, you become a jerk. Showing that you werent genuine but fake to suit your agenda.

Guys who are actually good guys aren't called nice guys because they have other positive qualities to speak for them, that we don't just use the term "nice". He isn't obsequious or fake to gain your approval. He's himself, a genuine good person who isn't an a**hole. Those are what girls call "the perfect guys"

• "Guys who are actually good guys aren't called nice guys because they have other positive qualities to speak for them, that we don't just use the term "nice". He isn't obsequious or fake to gain your approval. He's himself, a genuine good person who isn't an a**hole. Those are what girls call "the perfect guys"

We have the exact same definition of a nice guy. A nice guy has no agenda, no thoughts of getting into your pants, he's nice to everyone, just for the sake of being nice.

• Thank god then, I'm a stubby, obnoxious, little pest of a dwarf, like Gimli in the Lord of the Rings, except I don't have a beard, long hair, big nose, height of 4'2 and an axe too swing at your cranium.

I guess I'm more like a Legolas with a Gimli attitude, that would make me a Gimilas. :D

• Your being unfair. Your expecting guys to not show emotions. If I punch you in the face and you get angry, does that make you a jerk? I realize the term nice is vague and it seems that women are taking these two camps to far into the extremes.

Nice guys don't have to be floormats, and jerks don't have to be criminal rapists. When guys refer to "nice guys", we're simply meaning a guy who has more on his mind than getting into your pants, won't criticize your looks, control you, or ignore you.