Why can I not find a guy how wants to be with me and really wants to be there?

I been dating this man for a month or so. awesome man just wonderful! but he had a drinking issue on his second DUI. after I gave it up he left me. What is wrong with me? He told me so many things. But I guess its all talk. But why is it I still want to try again with him? why do I feel like something is wrong with me? why can I not find a guy how wants to be with me and really wants to be there?
Updates:
plus he broke up with me by text...

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people have problems, so there's noting wrong with you for being involve with him. As yu say, he was a great guy in many ways. Hopefully he'll get over the drinking some day. For now, it's probably for the best that he left.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You should try again, but not with him. There's someone out there who will love you. Your profile pic is quite lovable. Nothing is wrong with you. You're not deformed and you don't smell bad. He's just an a**hole. I think in time you'll see his ass-holiness. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont feel bad. My cousin got Arrested 6 times for DUI until he finally served some time in Jail. And no he has completely turned his life around and has a wonderful girlfriend. Some guys learn there lesson after the first mistake. Others it takes more time. And some never do. But its nothing wrong with you. Men can be just as flaky as women sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
    • the drinking didn't bother me horribly but having a child it kinda did. Everyone telling me not to talk to him. but it like my worst nightmare came to life that I gave myself to him and he walked away! everything moved to fast between us I know it did. but just sucks all the around! :(

• Its life yea. Your nice looking so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a better guy.

• my bff just told me of a guy liking me but I have too much to do. I'm going back to school and finish my degree up. thank you. your kind

• You want to try again, because you feel that you won't be able to find anyone better than him, regardless of his deal-breaking faults.

0|0
    0|0
    • I would like to try again. but I have a feeling I was played he cannot give me a straight answer about nothing. and just wants sex

• Well first off braking up with you by text is taken the easy way out or to be blunt chicken sh*t way out cause to face you or anyone for that matter they would have to face there faults there wrong doing ! I'm going through the same thing right now. He just got out of jail for the second time first time I didn't know him but he was in a half way house when I met him that should have sent me some RED FLAGS! He ended up messing up again did 2 years and I was there for him mind you he served 5 the first time! I'm still trying to hold on to something I know is already gone for fear of what I still trying to figure that one out myself. Plus I think he's f***in around on me so don't feel bad. YOUR NOT A LONE! !

0|0
    0|0
  • You want him because you want to believe everything he said.

0|0
    0|0
    • he told me a lot of stuff and played with me and my head. I don't know if he really cares like he did. I think he just wanted the sex. I don't want to think that I really dont

• Hate to say it and I know its hard for you to admit it to yourself. But that's exactly what he did. He's not worth the tears. Post his name on some cheaters website and move on.

• no I am saying it now I realize it. it hard nowing I got played and used. and admitting it but at least I go out before it got bad

• Thanks, so much, Jessica!

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably picking the wrong dudes.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll find one. Just try to keep your head up

0|0
    1|0
  • I know that you want a for real fairytale kind of love like lots of us girls do, but what I've learned just resently is; for me, being a Christian, I had to truly love and get closer to God first so that I could have a better understanding of his love for me. Getting to know God better helped me to understand just how special, important, and what an asset to this world I truly am. Learning this taught me to love and respect myself more. What I'm trying to say is, if you're not already, get closer to God. Love and respect yourself and others will follow your lead. Don't look for love, it's much better when it just happens to find you and catches you off guard. Know that you are beautiful, and that you are without a doubt worth it, and making him wait for sex a little while won't hurt either. be proud of who you are weather you're with a really great guy, or if you're single. Show confidence, hold your head up high, and people, not just men, will treat you with much more respect. I will be OK. True love will happen for you, but let it start from within.

0|0
    0|0
    • awwe thank you so much! I am focusing on me going back to school finishing up my degree and focusing on my daughter

Recommended myTakes