Hilary Clinton takes the fall for what happened in Benghazi, Libya?

In an interview with CNN, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton said that she was responsible for the attacks in Libya on 9/11/12. She said that she: "insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions, citing that she: "Wants to avoid some kind of political gotcha," and noting that it is close to the election. But, it was disclosed that there was a White House security leak which was responsible for those lost lives, why is Clinton taking the fall?

So tonight it comes out in the media that there could be a drone strike in Libya on targets assumed to have been responsible for the four U.S. diplomats killed on that day. But, why would you announce that and tip off that there is an incoming strike?

The Obama administration has been heavily criticized after Vice President Joe Biden said during last week's vice presidential debate that the White House did not know of requests to enhance security at Benghazi, contradicting testimony by State Department employees that requests had been made and rejected. Following the debate, the White House said the vice president did not know of the requests because they were handled, as is the practice, by the State Department.

I smell something fishy? I'm sorry this all just doesn't make sense to me. First, Ambassador Rice came out and said that it was due to an anti-Islam video that surfaced on YouTube and now you hear that it was in fact a White House leak and they make Hilary fall on the sword?

Power move by Obama. This is to cover the tracks of the failed intelligence and the leaks I think. Now it has to look like we are outraged (34 days later) and that the President had no knowledge of this. I don't buy it for a second. Thoughts?

Updates:
No responses? I should have known since it's an Obama-critical question on GAG.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm not that intelligent about politics, but I do know from reading history that the President doesn't NECESSARILY know everything that is going on in every single diplomatic event. They mainly know what they are being briefed on, because there is so much of it. Which is why these Cabinet positions are actually as important as who the President is. Those individuals have a lot of power and influence on the nation.

0|1
    0|1
    • Please. Presidents have security briefings daily. Obama has been more of a 'Campaigner in Chief' as opposed to Commander in Chief. You stated in your first sentence that you are not that intelligent about politics, and unfortunately neither is our President. That embassy was attacked twice for nearly five hours and resulted in those deaths. There was no anti-American protests or rallies outside, people don't show up with RPG's for those. This administration is a joke and is using power moves now

• Show All
    • I'm not saying it was a wise decision if they did, but I've read several presedential bios and they are not always given all of the information in an unbiased, unfiltered way.

• This has nothing to do with biographies. This has to do with abilities to do your job.

Recommended myTakes