If my appendix is inflamed, can I do something about it?

A couple of months ago, I went to the doctor because I had pain in the lower abdomen and the doctor said my appendix was inflamed. She said to monitor it. For about 3-4 months, the pain has been coming and leaving every week or so and getting a little worse. If it doesn't burst, can I do something to stop it from bursting? I'm going on vacation in 4 months and I don't want something to happen to disrupt my vacation plans...

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if, short of having surgery, there's any way to cure an inflamed appendix. The doctor is probably just wanting to wait and see if it will resolve itself, but thatt doesn't happen too ofen.Sooner or later you'll probably have to have it removed. Talk with your doctor and see if you can have it done before vacation. Usually you will be back up and able to participate in sports in about a month after the surgery.