Anorexia and guys' views.

I am anorexic. I know this is terrible, but it is a hard situation to over come. I am trying to get well, but I still struggle a lot. I was wondering How guys feel about a girl with anorexia or if their view of her changes once they find out? Seeing as I am of normal weight, do you think guys will even notice?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Many guys probably wouldn't notice, at least not right away, and many guys don't really understand what that means in the first place.

Assuming they understand what anorexia is, I think most guys aren't going to feel differently about the girl; they just want you to be HEALTHY, for your sake. I mean, he won't LIKE that you're anorexic, but that doesn't mean he won't like you, any more that if you had cancer or something. He just doesn't like that something is hurting you.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's so common that I doubt anyone would be really shocked to meet you. So many girls care too much about their bodies; not alll are anorexic, but many are so borderline these days.

Especially since you're not skeltal or anything, wed just feel sorry for you, nothing else.

But guys will pick up on your abnormal relation to food, since anorexia is, as I said, so common these days.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can't be anorexic and be a normal weight. You can have anorexia but you can't be anorexic. Ik confusing right, but if you were ever actually diagnosed you'd know that cuz the doctor would've explained -hopefully. Anorexic/anorectic is the body of a bmi17 or below. Anorexia Nervosa is the psychological disease that can potentially lead to an anorexic/anorectic body. Anorexia is the obsession to self starve and seek drastic weightloss.

0|0
    1|0
    • For reference I've had anorexia since I was 8. Actually was diagnosed when I was 8, though apparently I have records of anorexic behaviors from as far back as three years old so I definitely am not some fako bullshitter :P

• If I found out that someone was anorexic I would just feel really bad for them. I can only imagine how horrible an anorexic person must feel and how taxing it is on their overall health.

I'd just be concerned because I'd want the person to get the help they so desperately need..

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know much about anorexia, but think how much better hitting the gym and eating would be compared to it.

I don't think guys will notice much, considering girls don't walk around in bikinis or anything daily.

But they might see your rib cage and go WTF?

0|0
    0|0
  • Since you are of normal weight, people likely won't think your anorexic (or to say it more properly, suffer from anorexia nervosa) when they look at you, but if they are paying attention to your behavior, and know the signs, it's possible they could arrive at that conclusion.

It is unfortunately far too common that people conclude being underweight is the same as being anorexic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your America's Next Top Model and girls' magazines is the reason why you have f***ed-up health, I don't know... you see - the first step of recovery is to realize that healthy (not underweight) weight and healthy look is hot - there is nothing hot of a zombie bag of bones, eat more and learn to love your curves, look like a real woman - they are million times better than any of those atrocities which are advertised by the media and television.

0|0
    3|1
    • People aren't anorexic because of America's top model. Its about control, perfectionism, and being able to do something others can't.

• Show All
    • Unless you've any firsthand experience with anorexia, then you've no knowledge of it. It's NOT about models and it's not about what's seen on tv

• ANYTHING can trigger anorexia, for me it was the stress of college work. Food becomes a thing that you can control. Before i was anorexic i couldn't care less about the models.

• Most people don't have any idea what it is. If you eat in a quasi normal way, they are unlikely to notice.

0|0
    0|1
  • I would just support her as she tries to work through it.

1|0
    0|0
  • As DodgersGM said... it would just make them want to help you get over it. If they cared about you at all, they'd just want to be supportive.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be hard; no one wants to see someone they love waste away.

1|0
    0|0
    • So is it like guys notice only in relation to how much they give a fuck about the friend? And if so, even if they give a fuck, will they ever say anything to her about it or not? Like if it started to look like a problem getting out of hand?

• Yes I would. I have always found skinny girls sexy, and anorexic girls are very sexy too me, but I also am a big man, over 300lbs.

0|0
    0|0
    • No anorexic girl would want to date you because for them skinny is sexy too. Id be very likely to date an anorexic guy but never in a million years a big guy. Fat people disgust me because that is the mind set of an anorexic. Also i hate hypocrites.

• This is the worst site to ask about EDs, simply because people mock them and feel they know everything there is to know about them though they have no first hand experience with it

Speaking from experience, most guys don't care as long as you're attractive and it doesn't rule your daily life. But truth be told, ana and mia tend to rule a persons life because you're constantly thinking of them and faced with them, even for the smallest things.

Most people on here are so full of sh*t it's ridiculous. I'd take the male answers with a grain of salt.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know, and this is horrible but the only reason i ask bout ED's on here is to trigger myself. I find one mean comment and repeat it over and over pretending thats what everybody thinks.

• Anorexia IS really hard to stop. I had anorexia and related eating disorders for about a year and a half. I didn't feel like they totally went away from my mind until almost three years after it all started. It's a very tricky mind trap that you put yourself into where you feel guilty doing anything that could heal you. I had to fight it pretty hard sometimes, it all sucked.

Hope you will get well soon, the fact that you can admit that to yourself and others seems helpful. I think guys won't dislike you for that. They may even care about you more over the act. If you get really skinny or something it may stress them out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, as long as it is something you are working on, that's what matters. I've dated some anorexic girls. I prefer it when they tell me though, as it is much easier to understand people when you're open with them. It is the same thing as if my girlfriend had been raped, had family issues, etc. Being open with someone you trust is the only way to go.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes