Girls Who Perform On Stage

Hey Guys, what is your opinion of ladies who perform on stage? I'm talking open mic nights, theatre, acting, improv, singing, guitar playing, autoharps, etc.

I do this sort of thing on most weekends and it gets me noticed. Guys try to talk to me afterward sometimes. They come up and shake my hand, or introduce themselves briefly. They say I'm hilarious sometimes.

I thought this was cool at first until I realized - maybe they just find me entertaining and nothing more? I'm not going to stop doing what I'm doing, however, maybe I am just some sort of show pony to them. I cannot get dates. Perhaps it's because we as a society are all pretty into ourselves lately that we don't have the guts to ask someone else out?

It's funny I guess.

Thanks if you answer.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A girl with a great sense of humour is awesome. Stop seeing it as "maybe they just find me entertaining and nothing more." That is completely undervaluing yourself, when clearly you have something great to offer, you're amazing to be around. If someone is funny, and has a great personality, you're going to naturally want to be around that person. If you're interested in someone, make it known some way that you are. Maybe you're not putting out the signals that you are interested in the person and they think, they're set up for rejection. No one likes rejection.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It could be more like they don't dare do it, especially if you're like a stand up comic or something, many guys might think they'll be too boring. Could also be assumed that someone on stage, even a small one will get so many offers that the odds are a waste. If that's the case you're better off trying to date out of the spotlight, imo.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love performing girls. I find that kind of talent, particularly a good sense of humor or musical talent, expecially attractive. If you're not getting asked out it's because these guys are intimidated as hell. Try and see it from their point of view. You're a performer, you've got talent and you know it, and they probably think you're approached all the time. Sometimes a hand shake and an introduction is all they can work up the courage to do. My suggestion? If you meet a guy after a perfomance who introduces himself, and you get a good vibe from him, ask him to get some coffee or something. I think its total bs how asking someone out is totally left up to the guy. If you want something go for it.

0|0
    0|0
    • You know, I thought that too but it doesn't seem to be the case. I would ask them out except they seem stuck on someone else. I don't want to get involved with that. It's more complicated I suppose.

• I perform in musical theater regularly, and I've often wondered this myself. Guys don't really seem to be as impressed by theatrical or singing ability as girls tend to be. When I was in the Sound of Music at the local theater, the guy who played Rolf (the boy who sings in Sixteen Going on Seventeen) got swamped by girls after every show. The girl who played Liesl was equally attractive but her crowd of admirers after each showing was made of of both men and women.

Seeing as I played Sister Margaretta, I didn't get much attention, but I've played in more sexual roles (you know, as opposed to a nun) in other shows and both guys and girls have talked to me after. I can never really tell if the guys liked my performance and talent only or if they found that kind of thing attractive.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes