Polygamy opinions???

very simple what is everyone's opinion on polygamy? I mean I like these two girls in a relationship and from what they have said they like me the same way so I'm curious what everyone thinks of this situation

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I notice everyone here is bringing up the gender cards and thinking of polygomy only in terms of a man having two girls and not of a women having two guys...which it can just as easily mean, when you think of it in that way, I don't think anyone, man OR women would be happy being the second girl/guy in a polygamas relationship...would YOU?

unless everyone is bi in this scenario, I don't even see how it's a three way "relationship" because unless the two women or two guys also have a sexual bond with each other then how are they in a relationship with one another exactly (besides maybe friendship)?...most of the time it seems like just a fancy term someone might use to justify having two partners because they happen to know about each other and agree to each others presence for whatever reason...but it's not equal.

i would never do it myself.

0|1
    0|1
    • Some people are happy being the secondary. Maybe they want something less serious. The girls in this scene are bi but its true that straight girls will date one guy sometimes. In that case they are like friends or sisters.

• Show All
    • ok, well in that case it seems fair.

• Complete misunderstanding of polyamour. There are no firsts or seconds, that's monogamy. 'She means nothing to me!', all of that nonsense. Polyamour doesn't follow those contours. Love isn't assumed to be unequal.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• A three-way relationship! Yeah, they sound great, to me. My ex-girlfriend was in a four-way relationship for a very long time. Very interesting. Anyway, yeah. It's one of those things I think people really *shouldn't* have an opinion on. You know, if you asked 'Relationship opinions? very simple what is everyones opinion on relationships?' - well, actually, you'd get people going 'They're SHIT', but there wouldn't be any overt opposition. It's just not a question you *ask*. I don't see why there is anything to be asked or answered about polygamy, really.

But, I understand why you're asking. It's new to you, I assume. While I have no personal experience with such a thing, I've heard from a bunch of people it's always a very wonderful experience. I've never actually heard anyone condemn it. I think that's mostly because it's so *fresh*, it's just not something that happens very often. Even to us given to polyamour - there was one time when I had like... 5 lovers at once, I think. Ridiculous. I'm a King Solomon type, I can't stop. But, none of them ever met. If they did they were little more than friendly, maybe they connected over a shared taste in film or literature, or at most some light flirting, but there was never any kind of love. Most people will find this. They'll operate within a nexus, it's almost just like... Multi-Monogamy, rather than any real polygamy.

Anyway, there are no additional dangers. I mean, if you end up breaking up, you end up breaking up. The only thing you'll have to worry about is if THEY break up, you might start to think, 'Oh gee! Did I split them up!', but with good communication those fears can be dispelled fairly easily. If they break up and you stay with them, there will be some tension or hostility, probably. But, hey... There's as much risk in any relationship. People into triads are inherently groovy, so everything else should be fairly nominal and relaxed. That is to say, the only dangers should be the inherent dangers so mentioned. But, nothing to fear, really.

Good luck!

2|0
    0|0
  • I believe (from what your comment below said) that's polyamory, not polygamy (you're not marrying each other). It's not something I'd want for myself, but I know a woman who does it and is very serious and happy about it. She has multiple boyfriends and a couple of them have multiple girlfriends. It doesn't seem like she has more drama than the average person.

1|1
    0|0
  • Most relationships like this end in disaster because humans are jealous by nature and you will inevitably favor one of them and the other will get sick of it.

1|0
    0|0
    • problem is if your right id be the odd one out :P cause theyy are going out with each other

• The majority of society doesn't support polygamy and there are to many reasons I don't wanna get into right now. I'm also one of those people, but that's just me.

Seems you already like it and they maybe have already accepted it, which is nice. Live long and prosper and have many many kids, because that's what's gonna happen.

1|0
    1|0
  • I wouldn't do it. Unless your "girlfriends" have specifically expreessed that they'd be fine with that kind of arrangement, don't assume they are. Even if they are there's pretty good chance it's still gonna end in a disaster.

In general I don't really if people chose to live with 2 or 20 partners but obviously for a whole society polygamy isn't a very viable concept. Unless the number of men having mulitple partners and number of women doing that evens out, which is unlikley

0|0
    0|0
  • Too complex. What if someone wants to break it off with one person but not the other? What if two of them go on a date without the third? All kinds of jealousy and hatred can ensue from being in a relationship with multiple people. If you want to do that kind of thing casually I'm not going to judge you, but it wouldn't work as a romantic relationship.

1|0
    1|1
    • If one breaks it off, then the other 2 still date if they want to. If 2 of them go out on a date without the third...so what? As long as the 3rd is OK its fine. Jealousy and hatred happens with 2 monogamous people as well so its not any different. And it sounds like you are already judging ...it can work fine if they are happy that way.

• I'm just saying that relationships have enough issues with two people involved. Three would be very difficult. No need to down vote me just because I have high doubts about its success.

• I agree with what you're saying. There's a reason why the term "a third wheel" isn't used in a positive light. Even if they all start off happy with the situation, there's bound to be issues arising because of jealousy, or feeling "left out". I honestly can't see any long term success for anyone of any gender pairings in this situation

• Polygamy! Not good, choice one girl. You will either land up breaking ones heart or you will lose them both.

0|1
    1|0
    • actually they are in a reltaionship with each other its essentialy a love triangle but everyone loves everyone

• Show All
    • People seeking out three-way relationships don't have a jealousy function. It only makes sense, if you want something like this you can't possibly be the jealous type. That's not something to worry about.

• Alright, The point here is that he wants to know what people think of the situation. I am against it. An Opinion was asked so I answered, I am not into love triangles, don?t find it appealing.

• Ewk, no. The person I love will be special, because my love is awesome and sincere and not sharing it with anyone else. It's enormous! But destined to be all for one person only. :]]

But, we are not all awesome. So, if your love is typical and ordinary, I suppose you could manage to love 2 or more people at once, it's very common. :]]]

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind having more then one boyfriend living with me...

3|1
    1|1
  • What we think doesn't matter. It only matters what you & the girls think. If you are all OK with it, go for it. Just figure out if they wanna see other people too and if you're OK with that.

0|0
    0|0
    • oh I don't care what you guys think its more curiosity than anything else

• as long as you can afford to support your offspring and find women willing to do this then f*** them all bud

1|0
    0|0
  • Different strokes for different folks.

Not everyone is able to handle polygamy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's an option if it's not a husband wife relationship, like between friends it would be okay in my book.

0|0
    0|0
  • to me polygamy makes the women involved like a flock of sheep

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people may like it and some may not. If everyone can be involved and keep their self respect, and not get jealous then I do not see a problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's definitely not for me. Just the idea of my boyfriend wanting to have two girlfriends at once enrages me, much less going through with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Chinese sigil for "Trouble" is two women under one roof.

I don't think women are emotionally designed for any sort of polygamy as a general rule.

2|1
    1|0
    • Wrong. Its the most common relationship form in most of the world and in history.

• Show All
    • Um me and my boyfriend are poly and everyone is fine with it. We can handle it - many people can.

• Of course you'd like to think many people can - no one likes to think they are freaks or abnormal.

But the simple facts don't bear it out - there just aren't that many polygamous groups out there.

Recommended myTakes