I tell myself everyday I deserve more than what I get, so how come I don’t get what I deserve?

Im a different type of girl, a person can lie to me, hurt me, stab me in the back, replace me, put me as their last choice, use me, break my heart, and f*** me over a million times, but at the end of the day none of it really matters to me, I don’t keep a grudge, I forgive and forget because I’ve realized you only live once and wasting my time having left over hate for what they did, wastes my time, when I could be worrying about better things and just move on with my life. I can put a smile on anyone's face, I tend to feel bad for certain people, because I have a heart and try to put myself in their shoes and stop to think of what their going threw.I don’t only notice the bad boys who have a charm, I notice every type of guy. I respect everyone who respects me 100% and I’m probably WAY too nice to people half of the time. I give them what they don’t deserve. I definitely don’t have a ”f*** you attitude” and wouldn’t lower myself to anyone's level just to stand out. I don’t believe in playing a guy, I never saw the point to it, why would I? Just so I can feel satisfied because in the end I broke his heart? I'm the girl that gets attached too easily, I open my heart to anyone, and anyone who I open up to ends up doing something wrong to hurt me. EACH time, and I learn my lesson, one thing I don’t do is make the same mistake twice. Its just that I take chances and risks because nothings worse than not knowing what could of been. I tell myself everyday I deserve more than what I get, so how come I don’t get what I deserve?
@ElijahCynicism asked me what I want and I answered:

First of all I want to succeed at my job and go higher.

Second I want to have a house that I would bre the only recent and I'll do what I want.

And third and honestly not so important at this age to find a man that will love me and tolerate me.

I definitely don't think about children and marriage NO.

And I am sure I'll succeed and I'll get what I want but I wanna do it my way not others way.

510

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop thinking in terms of Justice. The world doesn't operate on a system of Judicial Justice. Start thinking in terms of Cause and Effect. An analogy...

Say you're a really, really good swimmer. I'm talking like, Olympic level swimmer. And you start to say to yourself, 'You know what? I'm a good swimmer. I deserve a medal! Why ain't I getting a MEDAL?'

Now, the reason for that is you haven't entered the Olympics, right? You DESERVE a medal for your ability, but you're not getting one because you haven't tried to get one yet. Enter the Olympics, get the medal. "Buy the ticket, take the ride." That's Cause and Effect. Cause, effect. Not judicial Justice. You're not awarded them immediately for your capabilities. But, that's not your problem, here. Your problem is a much more complicated annal of confusion. What you are doing is;

'You know what? I'm a good swimmer. I deserve a medal in cycling! Why ain't I getting a medal in CYCLING?'

You get me? It's now got nothing to do with the fact that you haven't entered the Olympics, it's now because you can't cycle. But you, the talented swimmer, believe you should be rewarded with cycling medals. You believe that your exceptional capability extends to another, unrelated exceptional capability. This is called Cognitive Bias, and a lot of people fall into this trap. The truth is, your good behavior , your civil virtuosity, has absolutely no bearing on your...

In fact, what are you even COMPLAINING about?

You haven't even TOLD us. I don't KNOW what you're not receiving, here. I don't know YOU, you can't be abstract. What are you looking for? What is it that you believe you deserve?

Well whatever it is, there are no Good Behaviour medals here. It's got nothing to do with your being generally decent. I'm generally decent, I got diabetes. I got diabetes because I ate too much sugar, despite being generally decent. (Except I didn't I'm type one diabetic and I was born with diabetes but that's a really bad example so pretend I'm type 2). But you see what I mean, right? Being a good person doesn't entitle you to anything.

A good experiment for you would be; go out and be a totally f***ing horrible person for a day. Be the opposite of everything you said you were here. Notice how people treat you, notice how you feel. Compare this to your usual day-to-day treatment - THAT is your reward for being decent, you just haven't noticed it because you're decent by default.

You really don't put a lot of effort into being decent anyway, I bet. You're decent because you'd feel guilty not being decent. That doesn't entitle you to anything particularly special. Whatever you want, there will be steps to achieve it.

A good trick used by writers and chaos magicians; write down in no more than one sentence exactly what you want. It's called a vibration... Keep that in mind, as you go about your business, as you make plans and try to self-ameliorate. One phrase that sums it up. You have to know your Will as best you can.

• First of all I want to succeed at my job and go higher.

• I have to admit your answer is the best.