What is your opinion on girls who shoot guns?

Just curious to see what others think when you find out a girl is into guns. I'm from Long Island, NY, where most of the girls (especially my age) have never even seen a gun in real life. It's not "the thing to do" and when it comes up in conversation the girls reaction is always "OMG! NO WAY!" (And I'm like really- it's not that big of a deal, haha)

Also- guys usually think its hot, but I'm wondering if you guys find it intimidating, or a turn-off, or whatever else you can come up with.

So, what's your reaction to a girl who is experienced with guns?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's cool.Have you ever seen one of those gun magazines, chicks with guns is hot.

You can touch and play with my gun anytime. :)

3|1
    1|0
    • LOL. Why thank you. And I love your picture. *"I'm... Normal."*

• lol, tyvm and yes we are all normal, that's what makes us so weird and unique :D

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Anything that is stereotyped for guys, like guns for example, would be a great turn on if a girl went shooting too. It's right up there, like if a dude is a sports fan, and he finds a girl who is a fan of that sport, she will get a lot of bonus points.

I can only imagine it being a bad thing, if the dude is dense, and has that "For men only attitude."

3|0
    0|1
  • I grew up in a home where hunting is a part of our normal, my husband also likes to hunt. So I've been taught to respect firearms for the tool they are perceived to be in our home. I've been taught to handle and safely use firearms, including using them for deer and elk hunting so I've witnessed first hand the devastating effects that any firearm can inflict on another living thing. I've been taught that if you are going to take an animals life using a firearm or even a bow and arrow, that it should humanely done so its death is quick and inflicts the least pain and suffering possible. It's something I have never and probably never will take lightly, it has a high degree of reverence. I have taken deer, elk, wildfowl hunting for food that we utilize as much of the animal as we possibly can. It's not about the trophy, it's about the amazingly high quality source of lean unprocessed, untainted meat for food used to supplement our diet.
    So I guess you could say I am a little pro-gun. I see nothing wrong with a female knowing how to use a firearm. Whether that be to protect herself from urban wildlife or using a firearm to put food on the table.
    I believe that more people female and male should be familiar with firearms at the very least how to safely store, handle, load and fire a gun; there would probably be a lot less lax attitudes towards firearms as a result.
    Then again, I'm not your normal "gun chick", I've been trained, I have a concieled weapons permit, I've had to carry a firearm for my own protection. (Advised by a Judge to get the training, the CWP and to carry a defensive weapon.). Which totally changed my perceptions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls and guns, I love them both so girl with a gun is equal to double love for girl...lol

Seriously I will love to have a girl who knows how to trigger a gun...coz I know how to handle both of them and knows what they want and when they want...if you know what I mean:)

3|0
    1|0
  • Texans prefer gals w/guns

dance

play golf

swim

and of course

oohlala

2|0
    1|0
    • Yeah, I bet in Texas that's not even a question. Up in NY though, especially the suburbs of Long Island, it's different. Most girls have never even seen a gun, like I said in my early post. Weird huh!

• Heard the same from Boston

Do you have at least an indoor pistol range nearby? If so, what are their hourly rates & membership fees?

• Ah, I can't remember because I always have a partner with me but it depends.. I actually went in Boston and they had Tuesday Ladies Night! Ladies shoot for free. How awesome is that?

• Awesome! As long as it is a sporting type gun such as a shotgun for sporting clays or trap. Archery is pretty cool too.

2|0
    1|0
    • Whats up with the down votes? I have some female friends that love to shoot rifles and shotguns, and they would also surprise many with their professional positions in companies. Shooting is not a gender thing. Women can have an easier time shooting than trying to play golf.

• I think it's someone who is having a bad day. Heheh. Very silly!

• Cool. If you want to shoot some sporting clays or try out some duck hunting, I have some friends up in your area that would introduce you to the outdoor sports and part of our American heritage.

• I'd prefer she used a bow or a crossbow since I'm an archer, but a girl with any type of weapon is sexy :)

2|1
    0|1
  • I grew up in an upscale uptight suburban area and I now can shoot better than most of my guy friends. I love it, its definitely a great stress reliever.

3|0
    1|0
  • Hot. Why? I believe it's because it shows confidence.

It would be a turn off it she's dragging me to the shooting range but not at all if I take her there and she can handle a 12 gauge and doesn't shriek "OMG! NO WAY!" That's more of a turn off than anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • to be honest I don't like it, I like a girl that stays in the kitchen

1|0
    7|2
  • I think it's kind of interesting as a hobby. I would probably ask her if she could show me how to use one. If she carried a handgun around with her though I would be disturbed. I don't rreally think civilians she could carry guns around casually.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, there's no reason to carry it around, I agree... I just like going to the shooting range once in awhile, don't worry!

• Show All
    • Yeah, I bet those folks in Colorado attending the opening of the Dark Knight Rises are glad they weren't carrying guns... or at Columbine, or Virginia Tech... no, civilians don't need guns, we have cops, right? I mean, drugs are illegal and that has been working great, so if we ban guns, no one but cops will have them, right? 16k people were murdered in 2007... no worries, right?

• Yeah, exactly. He shouldn't have been carrying around the gun! -dumbface-

• I have a serious thing for girls that are confident, capable and positive. Shooting guns, or at least not being afraid of them seems to coincide with that a lot.

So yeah. I absolutely love it when my girlfriend is a better shot than me. :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I hate guns, so I guess I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about it.

But it also depends. If you go hunting, then no thanks. If you just do sport shooting, that's OK. But shoot at living things and I'm outta here.

0|0
    0|0
  • Um, depends on what she shoots. 'Deer rifles' and '30-30's'? Hick.

Semi-auto handguns, ar-15's? Impressive and charming.

0|1
    0|0
  • I get similar reactions when I tell people. I think it's cool and fun. Shooting helps you become stronger mentally. I wish more girls went shooting. And if a guy gets scared by it he's not a man

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't really care one way or the other. One hobby is as good as any other.

0|0
    0|0
  • at first I'd be like that's scary cus girls are more likely abuse power or weapons but at same time I would think its cool

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm a firearms instructor, should be pretty self-evident lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sexy.

3|1
    1|0
  • That depends, shooting recreationally, or shooting at living things?

Recreational shooting, as in at a range, is cool. I enjoy that too. But hunting? Past experience shows that I'm not really compatible with rednecks and hillbillies. Pass.

0|1
    0|0
    • No, I couldn't hunt a living thing... I love animals too much. Only at the shooting range, anyway thanks!

• awesome

1|0
    0|0
  • So... who went through and thumbs downed all the answers? Lol

1|0
    0|0
    • HAhaha! Wow. I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. What's your guess? I say it's a girl who's jealous she doesn't know how to use a gun. Tehehe!

• Show All
    • I only downvoted that guy who said he prefers if women stay in the kitchen and the one who said women are more likely to abuse powers and weapons. I don't know what's wrong with guys like them.

• I agree with you Agent Mouse, I think I did the same thing lol

• Very awesome.

2|1
    1|0
  • As a woman, I really wanna know how to shoot and how to use a gun. It is because using a gun is not only for men. And also, I find it attractive as a woman to use a gun. Maybe If I would be a guy, I also would find it so sexy.

4|0
    1|0
  • Unconditionally positive, as long as she doesn't shoot me.

3|0
    0|1
    • LOL. Yeah hopefully she can keep her finger off the trigger long enough to aim away from ya

• Hot

3|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes