Am I consider a teen parent?

I have been wondering about this ever since I found out I was expecting...I'm 19 years old and my Baby is due in March I won't turn 20 til May..Am I a "teen mom'' or no?

Thanks..

37

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd suggest being on good terms with the father. One sadly defining attribute of one teen mom too many is that they will let themselves be knocked up by the kinds of men they would never even dream of marrying. And yet, get *so offended* if anyone calls them a tramp for acting that way.

If you're in any way able to assure that you can marry the father, that would be best. The child will expect both to be around. And one thing that I can't stomach about the Teen Moms on MTV is how little respect the parents have for each other. It's exactly the wrong environment to raise a child in.

I cannot speak for your maturity level, as I don't have enough facts to make an assessment. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. What is your man like? Let's start from there.

• My boyfriend is a goofy,hardworking and does try the best he can to make sure everything is alright..Also he's a Marine and I can gladly say that the corps made him more mature lol

• Then it sounds like you might have a promising future with him. I'd look into it. And pray we get a new commander-in-chief soon.

• This didn't really answer her question...