Am I consider a teen parent?

I have been wondering about this ever since I found out I was expecting...I'm 19 years old and my Baby is due in March I won't turn 20 til May..Am I a "teen mom'' or no?

Thanks..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd suggest being on good terms with the father. One sadly defining attribute of one teen mom too many is that they will let themselves be knocked up by the kinds of men they would never even dream of marrying. And yet, get *so offended* if anyone calls them a tramp for acting that way.

If you're in any way able to assure that you can marry the father, that would be best. The child will expect both to be around. And one thing that I can't stomach about the Teen Moms on MTV is how little respect the parents have for each other. It's exactly the wrong environment to raise a child in.

I cannot speak for your maturity level, as I don't have enough facts to make an assessment. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. What is your man like? Let's start from there.

0|0
    0|0
    • My boyfriend is a goofy,hardworking and does try the best he can to make sure everything is alright..Also he's a Marine and I can gladly say that the corps made him more mature lol

• Then it sounds like you might have a promising future with him. I'd look into it. And pray we get a new commander-in-chief soon.

• This didn't really answer her question...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes, you are. Teen is short for teenager, which is defined as "one who is of the age range from 13 to 19." You are also an adult as the legal definition of adult is one who is 18 or older. So 18 and 19 are both teens and adults at the same time. Interesting, no?

0|0
    0|0
    • However, although you'd be a "teen mom", you would no longer be a teen at 20. So in depends on if you are talking current age, or age at the time of birth.

• Kind of, but the circumstances of your pregnancy will be eclipsed by your performance as a parent. That's what people will notice. Be a conscientious mother, and anyone who wants to give you a hard time can go suck a tailpipe.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm going to put it short and simple for you: No. 100% no you are not a teen parent. You are an adult that is pregnant and the soon to be, if not, wife (I hope) of a marine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Teen mum for me is 17 or less, but technically I suppose until 19 you're a teen mum

0|0
    0|0
  • You will be until May.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep.

0|1
    0|0
  • You would still be considered a teen mom with age. Especially if you still live with your parents and rely on them for support to live.

0|0
    0|0
  • you are an adult.. so I think you are not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally speaking "teen mom" refers to someone who's not yet considered to be an adult by the state. Typically, under 18.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes