Girl, random guy talk to you while you're walking in the street?

what would be your reaction? not a creepy guy... just going to initiate a casual conversation.

0|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably a little creeped out, because I'd be thinking why is this guy talking too me, he doesn't know me, or anything about me, the chances of us ever meeting again are like almost 0 unless he's a stalker or something.

I dunno, it might be the wrong reaction and I've never really had a complete strange come up to me and try to have a conversation with me outside just someone asking a question, like directions or something, so I'm not sure how I'd react.

I guess it would probably depend on the guy, but what I believe would be my initial reaction is probably a bit defensive.

0|0
    0|0
    • I get what you meant.. What if the guy will say this," hey I know this is a bit rare and doesn't happen in your daily routine! This is the 1st time I saw you and I just can't help myself. I need to talk to you! We might nt see each other again after this, so I rather the risk talking to you and take the shot.

• Totally agree with you, a guy randomly spoke to me before and my first thought was creep, and oh god is he going to stalk me now. Especially when he said where do you live. Some weirdos out there. These are the type that can't take being told no so get the spray and alarm out lol. These guys are mega desperate and will stop at nothing to get you. I felt quite vulnerable to as it was night time. An the creep was behind me then as he got ahead and walked in front of me then he stared then spoke :/

• @Shannon: that sounds pretty awful, I'd probably of reacted a bit of the same way methinks.

@QuestionAsker: I don't really know, it just doesn't really look good to me, I mean if the guy is cute/hot then maybe I'd find it flattering, but he'd have to be really good looking, other than that I'd probably still be a bit weirded out maybe.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's happened to me a couple of times and really - it depends on the guy and his approach.

I mean - sometimes it's just full on creepy.

But if the guy has lots of confidence, is funny etc - then yeah it's kind of cool. But then I'm the kind of person who will talk to anyone who talks to me; so don't expect every girl to react well if you do it; plenty won't.

0|1
    0|0
    • I agreed. The funniest guy was like can I get a high five? There is a game in town!

• I feel if he's decently attractive to the girl's standards, talk to her as a person and not a piece of meat, and doesn't come off "creepy" (however the girl defines that)...he should be just fine approaching females that way.

The gamble is...the guy doesn't know if he's attractive to her standards, as well as not knowing her definition of "creepy" and if he fulfills it.

0|2
    0|0
  • Happens to me all of the time.

The only guys that make a lasting impression are the ones that approach me respectfully.

I do not like someone running behind me,

yelling, "MS. MS. MS. or YO.YO.YO!" for

everyone else to hear.

I like a guy that will discreetly approach me like the lady I am and then initiate a conversation with me.

I have a bf.

But if I were single I'd definitely listen to those that approached me like a lady.

0|0
    0|0
  • People approach me on the street all the time, and I always find it quite nice. I guess it's just because I'm a very "approachable" and friendly person, but I can see why some people would find it creepy. It really depends on the person. But it's worth the risk, what's the worst that an happen if you don't even know the person? Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Best way for a guy to do this is by throwing a funny/cheesy/complementing pick up line at them that makes em turn smile and be slightly interested in you. Then you cup your balls pick em up and go over there and talk to them like a man. Most will respond postively. The rest you call them stuck up bitches and walk away.

0|0
    0|0
  • that's creepy dude, if she doesn't want to talk she has nowhere to go, she could start running too

but you never know, some guys can grab a random girls hand and walk down the street with her, all depends if the ho likes you or not

At work a guy can go up to a girl and say "i'll f*** you so hard" and she would just giggle hehehehe

another guy saying the same thing and it'll be sexual harassment...

0|1
    0|0
  • My inner monologue would probably be something like this:

"OMG I'm gonna get raped! Rape! Rape! Someone help me! Whose around? Where's the nearest building or entrance? OMG what if he sells my organs! Than my parents won't be able to get my body back! I wonder how many girls this fool has kidnapped?... Stand Back I have PEPPER SPRAY! >:P "

... pretty much.

0|0
    0|0
  • ok here we go..(Im thinking)

um? he's gona ask me out...no?

ok nice pleasant conversation...no?

ok this guy is creepy

usually go in this order and I don't mind a conversation as long as the guy is cool. something I think he just wana talk off the bat, it all depends on his body language too

0|0
    0|0
  • personally this is what I have notice: startled and she may think this guy is awkward because he doesn't have any social circle to ask girls out, that he has to restort to women on the street

1|0
    0|0
  • Even if A guy doesn't intend to be off putting, sometimes things go wrong anyway.

That being said, I'm okay with being approached randomly. I can't say I'm always receptive, especially if it's been a bad day and I'm doing everything I can to be anything but available Sometimes a kind, genuine little compliment makes my day, though.

The fact of the matter is, it depends on a great deal of factors that you have no control over. All you can do is be charming and sincere, and let that work its magic. It'll work out better than you think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls are all paranoid. Don't approach a complete stranger at random unless you want to be pepper sprayed and have the cops called on you.

0|1
    0|0
    • its all depends on what you mean by creepy. creepy the girl version or actually creepy

• If the conversation turned out to be positive and good, then I would think it's good, but I would still think it would be weird either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be rude and cut him off but if I see he's trying to hit on me I try to ignore him and stop the conversation.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on what the conversation is about and how he approaches. ill be nice if he's nice. if he's lost ill try to help.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd let him keep talking as much as he liked then smile and walk away and never look back cause he chose the wrong way to introduce himself !

0|0
    0|0
  • The way you dress in the scenario is more important than any other. The streets are when girls feel most vulnerable and will be aggressive even if she doesn't realize she could actually like you. I found simply dressing modestly lowers these automatic defences and actually look at you positively. I don't like to sound like a manipulator, but this is the best way on the street. You got to appear as though you're the vulnerable one, like the one being shocked by her gorgeous appearance. Feign being a little shy as she can empathise this way.

Sorry to the girls who find this a bit evil, but it feels so much better for us guys not to feel like we're about to face a hail of bullets.

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally agree with you, a guy randomly spoke to me before and my first thought was creep, and oh god is he going to stalk me now. Especially when he said where do you live. Some weirdos out there. These are the type that can't take being told no so get the spray and alarm out lol. These guys are mega desperate and will stop at nothing to get you. I felt quite vulnerable to as it was night time. An the creep was behind me then as he got ahead and walked in front of me then he stared then spoke :/ don't make the mistake I did. I spoke to the guy who creeped me out. I felt forced to give my number as it was night an I was worried he may try rape me. So since then he kept texting and calling me and asked me out. I said not interested and he called me a slag and lots of names. Because I didn't follow and go along with what he wanted to happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be kind of wary but I'd talk to him if he seemed interesting

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think I could do that, girls tend to have their guard up way more often in those situations

0|0
    0|0
  • I would respond to them, as long as the conversation was appropriate.

0|0
    0|0
  • It totally depends. It can easily be creepy. It all depends on his approach

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd find it very pleasant! Unfortunately a normal nice guy haven't ever done that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I met my ex boyfriend that way!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd like it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Um...I would think it was creepy no matter what he looked like or what he chose to talk about.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes