Help me with my stats!

I'm an idiot and can't remember some basic probability from high school for my assignment. The question says that 9% of college graduates have debt. Suppose you interview 10 random college students.

(a) what is the probability that 2 of the students will have debt?

(b) What is the probability that none will have debt?

(c) What is the probability that at least 3 will have debt?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 9% = 9/100... Now apply the addition and multiplication rules of probability to that

0|0
    0|0
    • the reason I asked this question is because I can't remember that stuff...

• And this is something Google, YouTube, Khan Academy, etc. could not help with?

a&b) link

c) link

Just think of it like a 100 sided coin/dice or whatever and 9 sides are the right side and 91 sides are the wrong side... 9/100 is the right outcome and 91/100 is the wrong outcome. If you apply what is in the videos you should be able to figure it out...

• You might learn something as well. =P

• WAY more than 9% of college students have debt.

A private university is $40,000 a year and a public university is $10,000 a year.

Some people get a lot of aid, middle class people get very little or they have to pay for it themselves.

The average amount of debt when graduating is $25,000. to be fair, you'll probably be making $25,000 more a year with a degree anyway.

0|0
    1|0
    • can you please f*** off. That was completely useless. You didn't answer any of my questions and didn't offer any help either. The question was a hypothetical TEXTBOOK question you retard.

• i misread. my mistake. also, thank you for your manners and kind words

• you're welcome

Recommended myTakes