My first speeding ticket and I need help

so I thought the speed limit was 80 but it turned out to be 60 he gave me a ticket 4 317 dollers and 4 points I live in ontario and what should I do I have a appt with the procutier in dec but what do I say I have know money and it wasent my attion to speed

14

Most Helpful Guy

• that ticket seems very high $ , were you speeding through a school zone ? or construction zone ? I got a ticket a couple years back and it was for less and didn't come with any points in a similar speeding zone .

also the prosecutor might offer you a deal if you have no record in traffic court , they might reduce the fine or speed a bit but your still going to have to pay something and have a ticket on record for 3 years

• past 15 MPH over the speed limit the $ of the ticket skyrockets. That's pretty close to what I would get in CA

• i was going 42 km over

• so you were doing 100 km in a 60 km zone that makes more sense . I think there going to have to fine you for that . they might reduce the amount a bit if you don't have any record as I said before . it doesn't matter if it was a back road its still a road and fines the same as anywhere else . your insurance could go up especially if you have any previous tickets