Have you ever had the absolute wrong idea about someone because of their dress?

Then, you got to know them and found out they did not match their image at ALL?
Updates:
Please RATE the question!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I sure did. Went to pick up my niece and didn't recognize her, so I checked out girls coming out of the underground. When I commented to one cute girl that her skirt was too long, it turned out to be my niece. I couldn't picture my niece in such a 'mature' outfit, so I never dreamed THAT could be her!

Actually it was a really short flouncy full skirt, I was just being a flirt-with my own niece! She couldn't stop laughing!

0|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Not really, but I usually don't draw conclusions based on clothes unless its like graphic tees blatantly telling me something about themselves or certain symbols that are recognizable. I'll think something could be a stereotypical possibility based on what I see, but I always tell myself that you don't really know. Some people have gotten the wrong idea about me based on what I'm wearing one minute or the next.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. :-(

I try not to judge anyone but I am guilty of making the wrong assumption about people I don't know based on how they appear. When I know them better I feel so bad for making any assumptions.

0|1
    0|0
    • Aw, don't feel bad. Just tell us about it--was it funny?

• I met a guy who wore the same clothes almost every day. He rode a bicycle 365 days a year (even in a snowstorm!), never spent money on himself, and was very quiet. I thought he might have financial trouble and that he was an angry person but he is one of the sweetest, nicest guys I've ever met!

• Yea, happens all the time. Given how much girls go out of their way to make statements about themselves through their clothes, you'd be surprised at how wrong some of them are about what they think they're saying.

0|1
    0|0
  • back when I was like 24 years old. I thought a girl was like 21 when she was really 17 or something. mainly because I usually seen her in a work uniform with her hair done up which made her look more mature. I'm just glad we found out our ages before our first date...

she must have thought I was younger than I was at the time or I'm sure she would not have said yes when I asked if she wanted to go out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd had it happen to me, but I've never done it really.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not so much because of how they dress but their attitude and their social statuses.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, but I'm sure people have had the wrong idea about me based on how I dress.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes