If a guy ignores you when he's around his friends does that automatically mean he doesn't like you?

I heard that if a guy ignores you around his friends that he doesn't like you, is this true?

I have read that someplace but I think that if both my friends and a guy I like was around I wouldn't completely ignore him but I would pay a little more attention to my friends. I can't explain why, Even if I really really liked the guy I would probably be too embarrassed to cling to him and wouldn't want my friends to think I'm abandoning them for a guy, but I'm a girl so I don't know if it's different for guys.

10