How to stop myself from eating really fast?

i have a horrible habit of eating really fast and I try really hard not to when I am out in public. but at home I can eat a meal in less then 5 minutes sometimes. I don't mean to do it, I'm really embarrassed about it. I feel like girls are suppose to eat slowly and carefully but I eat like a sumo wrestler. I'm not like crazy fat or anything, I'm 5'8 and 125 so I don't really think its an emotional eating type thing. its just a horrible habit. does anyone have any tips on how to eat slower? or should I just keep trying to make myself more conscious of it?

55

Most Helpful Guy

• watch TV while you eat, something to distract you so you eat slower. try eating with your weak hand. take frequent sips of your drink while you eat. being conscious of it should help too