Do you judge girls on their smartness?

For example, if a girl didn't seem too bright in class. Would you dismiss her? What if you meet the girl again and now she is a lawyer or whatever? What would you think?
Updates:
girls*

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Funny you should mention this. While attending school, I knew a girl who wasn't to bright and kind of a diva. She's a doctor now and not a good one at that, I've heard so many bad reviews of her patients that they'd rather stay sick and die then let her help them, but they have no choice in which doctor they can choose, for she's an appointed doctor for them by their company they work for.

I've heard from colleagues of her that she got through med school by the connections her father had, because he's one of the highest ranking doctors of the country and she comes from a family of doctors, so it would have been a disgrace if she chose to become a street sweeper.

In school I always saw her doing fashion design or make up artist or marrying a rich doctor and become a pretty housewife, but never a doctor who must cure the sick.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Not at all. I don't rank people on their intelligence, least especially academic intelligence. Some of my best friends and lovers have been exceedingly stupid, anyway. I don't see it as a bad thing at all. If they end up a lawyer, I'd be SHOCKED, probably, but it wouldn't affect wether I want to f*** her or not, really.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes, I tend to put intelligence way up there in the weighting. I'm not interested in play-dumb women and never have been, way back to midddle school days. I mean intelligence, not whether they have a high status job. Lawyers aren't generally a smart bunch, in case you haven't noticed!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but intelligence is secondary to physical attractiveness.

An attractive, intelligent woman is an ideal partner.

An attractive, unintelligent woman is still a perfectly capable sexual partner.

An unattractive, intelligent woman...will probably make a good secretary?

An unattractive, unintelligent woman is of no use to anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am always impressed by people that is more intelligent then me or otherwise know how to play reality to their advantage. But intelligence is by no mean the only factor nor can it highhandedly sway my opinion of someone.

1|1
    0|0
    • Gaah.. what the heck is wrong with me today. I keep doing simple mistakes like trusting this auto spelling software. It should be Singlehandedly. Damn I need some waffles or something to get back on my feet.

• Highhandedly is such a word, though

• haha. Its the first time I ever use it and I misused it... that just makes me sad honestly. The waffles were tasty however.

• Theoretically no.

Traditionally I've never gotten anywhere with girls who weren't reasonably intelligent, so I don't know if it would bother me at some point.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she can have a smart conversation now, that would be a big turn on.

0|1
    0|0
    • What are smart conversation topics?

• having a smart conversation isn't just about the topics. is the way you express yourself. the words you use.

You can be well spoken even when you don't have a college degree.

anyway, probably society, economics, history, could be smart conversations. or can be plain boring if the guy isn't that smart.

• I just did that... I know she's smarter then she acts (she'll likely go on to be a doctor), but when girls dumb themselves down to flirt, I can't take them serious. 1) They want to act like a naive party slut to try and get my attention, 2) They like to be fake to try an manipulate men. If you're advertising yourself as a naive party slut that's how you're going to get treated. If you act fake and manipulative, I'll never trust you. So she's relegated herself to drunk hookup positioning and nothing more.

1|0
    1|0
  • You confuse intelligence and degrees.

Anyway, intelligence is indeed very important.

1|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't hurt but when looking at women it is not high on the check list

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes