Red patches on my face after shaving?

I grew a beard out for about 2 weeks and this morning, before shaving, I noticed some red area on the skin beneath. I shaved my beard all the way off and now the redness is very visible. It looks like it hurts but it doesn't. I applied some moisturizer and hydrating toner afterward in hopes that it would help. But it did not. What do I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• lol first of all I had to laugh at your avatar, and since we are talking about shaving, I shave about every other week and now that my hair is coming back in it's very irritated feeling, it had me thinking about switching to a electric shaver but my facial hair does not grow all that long so I feel it would be a waste?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I had the same issue whenever I used an eletric razer. The way I fixed it is changing shaving cream and applying moitoirizer after shaving

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like razor burn, if it doesn't hurt then that means its not ingrown hairs. always wash your face before you shave and use hot water. What do you shave with? Cartridges are bad news. using a safety razor or cut throat razor (if you dare) are best for reducing razor burn and cheaper in the long run anyway. always shave with and/or across the grain. don't put too much pressure. never go against the grain unless your using a single blade (safety or straight cut throat razor). definitely moisturize with aftershave.

if it hasn't gone away(it may never completely) or at least reduced after a few shaves then try a pre shave oil or cream with glycerin in it and don't be afraid to buy quality shave soap or shave cream with a shave brush. Colonel Conk sells great shave soap pucks for about 5 bucks or Proraso shave cream for about 10 bucks a tube. they both last for months. Definitely don't use the chemical goop in aerosol cans. Your face will thank you.

0|0
    0|0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes