Is a guy who uses a bike for transportation un-datable?

I am good looking male, employed, no-debt and very kind to everyone around me. Women are attracted to me and I make them all laugh, but none of them will give me a chance. I'm sure the reason is because instead of a stupid car I ride a bicycle. Girls, is this true? Is a guy who rides a bike,[No matter what other good attributes he has] un-datable. Seems pretty shallow to me.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think guys who ride bicyles are thrifty which I think is good. Why spend so much more if a bicyle works for you?Money is not easy to earn and should be spent wisely.

I don't think you should get a car just to get dates.Anyway I think thrifty(not stingy) men are generally more trustyworthy and take care of the family better and less likely to be players.If you ride a bicyle and the woman is attracted to you,then she probably has true feelings for you.Don't change yourself for shallow and materialistic women.Not worth it! And riding a bicyle instead of a car is a good way to weed out shallow and materialistic women.So sorry,just speaking my mind.

0|1
    0|0
    • Women who would only date you if you have a car are undatable.Not you who are undatable.

• Show All
    • I do appreciate myself and I don't follow the crowd at all. But being single now for almost 10 years really is not so fun. but I don't plan on changing. I did have a few cars in my life but I always felt like I was trying to be somebody else, so I went back to the bike and felt at peace again. Thanks for your kind words, they give me strength to continue with this battle called life.

• I can feel your pain of becoming someone you are not.I don't know about your country but in mine,the average age of marriage for guys is 32 years old.Or maybe you are looking in all the wrong places?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Men with bikes actually attract me more.

But, I am from a big city. Perhaps women with more suburban upbringings would frown upon bicycles as a sign of financial instability or irresponsibility. Or, at your age group, immaturity.

Also, it is much more satisfying to get picked up from places in a car than, well, on the back of a bicycle.

0|2
    0|0
    • "Also, it is much more satisfying to get picked up from places in a car than, well, on the back of a bicycle"

That's basically what it all comes down to.

• I know plenty of grown men who drive cars but have the maturity of a 7th grader.

• Nope, If you seem to have your life in order and priorities are great then I would date you. I ride a bike because it's environmentally sound, helps me keep my stomach fat down, and it saves me on gas.

0|1
    0|0
    • Totally agree but if course if it gets more serious to when you're thinking about kids, you can't take a baby on a bike, well you shouldn't anyways.

• Show All
    • Left them home with the "women folk" or held them in their laps while riding the wagon.

• When I lived in miami I knew a rasta guy who rode his baby daughter everywhere on his bike.

• There are guys who don't even have a bike.

They walk on foot and take public transportation, and they get dates.

I'm sure you're thinking too much of this all.

The bike has nothing to do with it.

0|1
    0|0
    • The bike helps them get in or stay in shape, I would assume. Maybe the idea is not that guys with bikes are attractive (from a girl's POV, I assume), but guys who are in shape!

• No, that absolutely doesn't make him 'un-datable'. In fact, when I was in high school I knew a guy that rode a bike everywhere, and man, was he fit! ;)

I think the only time that would ever be a problem, would be like going on dates not within walking distance. Since I do not own a car myself, I would expect my boyfriend to be able to take care of transportation, and well... a car would be more convenient. But not having one isn't a deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
    • Having a bike is great when in high school. I should know, I rode one almost everyday, during the school year and over the summer, all over town, exploring new areas. The only thing that sucks is most bikes only come with one seat, you have no protection when it rains, unless you're like me, wearing a hoody and sweats when riding, and they absolutely SUCK in the snow.

• 40 year old virgin dude. Even he got dates. So no it's not the bike. Just keep trying bro

1|1
    0|0
  • If you live in an urban core, not owning a car is normal.

If you live in the suburbs or further, public transit is so bad that anyone who can afford a car, has a car.

0|0
    0|0
    • I actually live in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes I have to ride out of town into another town for certain things. It takes more time but I'm not in any rush. I ride in the snow freezing below, rain, heat whatever. cars make people so lazy and out of touch. And spending my hard earned money on car, gas and insurance is a waste. I would rather use my money for other things.

• Show All
    • That's a form of entertainment. Transportation and exercise are not the same thing.

• but I only ride bike when I have to go to work or store, it just so happens it's fun. unless cold rain.

oh and not everybody who can afford a car have a car. a lot of people on welfare have cars ... insert twighlight zone music here

• If you live in a city where transportation is altogether different, or if the lady in your company is environmentally-conscious, I think it would actually work for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why that would have anything to do with it. I've never really heard of it causing a problem for anyone else I know.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually think it is cool that you ride your bike. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Bicycle? Or motorcycle? I'd think it's awesome you were active! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, if you live in a major city like in NY where a car is impractical, I'd be fine with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, as long as he doesn't expect me to transport him everywhere & loan him my car, lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • When we're talking about bikes, is this like a bicycle?

0|0
    0|0
  • Rides a bike= in shape and green! Awesome (:

0|0
    0|0
  • lol! Fine to ride your bike for exercize, but you should also have a car. So if a woman is in a dress, high-heels, make-up, you come pick a grown woman up on your bike? So by the time she gets there in the rain, her make-up is all over her face, drenched hair, and ruined clothes? lol! And if you have kids, are you going to ride that newborn in the rain to the doctor on your bike? You're not in elementary school, get a car. Why should she have to pick you up for dates? I personalily wouldn't date a guy whose only transportation was a bicycle. Not if he's above the age of 17. lol!

0|0
    0|0
  • Why hitler? O.o

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes