Why don't girls tell a guy when they like him?

Why do girls seem to hide their feelings so that we may finally find out you like us years after the fact.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a pretty blunt person, so I tend to be honest regardless.

I've told guys I liked them before - most said they weren't interested, one way or another. One even said no because he doesn't like girls that make the first move.

There's really only one person in my life that I really liked but never told, and I never told because he had (still has) a girlfriend (they've been together for 5-6 years now). I don't go after taken men, so I felt telling him would be crossing a line.

I think it should be a fair game. If I like a guy and he hasn't made his move yet, I'll make mine.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't know about you, but I always inform a guy when I like him. No beating around the bush for me. It's just, "Hey, so I kinda like you, like a lot. So go ahead and think on that." from me and then he either feels the same way or he doesn't. I don't see what the big deal is.

I've asked out every guy I've ever dated.

Of course, I don't have much shame when it comes to that so maybe that's a factor :p

1|1
    0|0
  • It really depends on the situation. If I really like someone, I will not let it show unless I feel safe that the feelings are reciprocated. I have been in situations where I liked someone but I didn't want to show my cards. We are told that men love a challenge and they like a girl who is hard to get. So if I tell the guy I like him, it will kill the mystery.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey. I have told guys I liked them and you know what they did? 99.99% of them either a) gave me the cold shoulder b)found me repulsive c) got bored because they can't chase me anymore and move on.

that is why I don't say ANYTHINg to a guy anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • We are just like guys who fear rejection and unrequited love. Before we say anything, we usually look for certainty that you like us first. It's like a guy having a hard time showing interest because the girl isn't showing interest or is unapproachable. If a guy does have the guts to tell her or show her he likes her then the girl will think he is a player, he's just joking in general or simply they don't like him back.

A woman is just as scared to take the first step as men do.

Men are known to be good at hiding their feelings/emotions so a woman becomes extra careful when showing she's interested and look for those clues (body language, actions, words...).

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't let Women's Liberation fool you. While the woman can allegedly do "everything men can do better", the man is still expected to pull all the weight on this one. And a lot of other things too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whether man or woman fear of rejection is the reason to not saying anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because girls are just as scared of rejection.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes