Why do some girls get an "attitude" when you talk to them and they are upset?

I don't get it. This girl was upset about something today. With other people she would try to smile and joke and you couldn't tell she was upset. When I tried and said hello (because she kinda looked sad) she acted like I was bothering her. When I asked het if everything was OK, she was all "i don't want to talk about it" and had this bitchy attitude but only towards me but all chatty and laughs with others.

I finally left her alone but its funny because I know that if I ever have that attitude towards her, she'll get all upset and start crying (it had happened before) why do I get the sh*tty treatment? I want to let it go but I don't deserve this, especially when I'm just showing concern.
I havent! Its like she got some bad news earlier and she was upset. I was just concerned because I don't like seeing her like that but everything I "care" she snaps at me when I didn't do anything to her :/
Well, she apologized and said she was upset and was looking for a fight and that with me is "too easy". While I understand being upset I don't get the whole "picking fights" thing :/
Well, I wasn't pressing her to tell me about it. She seemed in a good mood and talked to others but when I tried, she would just snap at me. I wasn't forcing her to tell me, I was just making chit chat. Of course if I did that to her, I would never hear the end of it...

101

Most Helpful Girl

• No...I know exactly what is going on. I'm in the same kind of spot as the girl. I have a really great friend who I am avoiding at the moment and I know that I have been rude to him.

I can laugh and joke around everybody else and pretend that everything is fine and that I'm not bothered - I got dumped 9 weeks before my wedding...nice - but the second that he comes along to talk to me, or trying and see how I'm doing I just can't pretend.

I think that it is because I made myself emotionally vulnerable to him and I just can't shut them down when he asks me how I am going. I avoid him and don't want to talk to him...because it just brings up the hurt...and the last thing that I want to do...is have to deal with it.

She probably doesn't want to burden you with her problems, she probably doesn't feel like she should be doing that to you.

Would I be correct in guessing that you guys are close - not in the sens of best friends (though the same would be true if you were), but I get the feeling that you chat every now and then and are quite personal in some of the stuff that you share? Not over personal...but enough that it isn't the kind of stuff that you talk about with others of the same gender?