Am I dressed up too much?

( see profile pic )

I like to dress like this on a daily basis. Is it too much?

I like to wear shorts and t-shirts too but being 22, I feel like a kid dressing like that. What is your opinion? Do I look okay?

64

Most Helpful Guy

• Although that widely depends what ocassion you're dressed for (because even on daily basis, you have school, you have going to the mall, you have home, and it makes sense to dress appropriately for every single occasion if this concerns you). Generally, the look in your display picture would suffice. You look okay, but barely that, and I think you could always make it better. You're a pretty good looking guy so I don't see why you couldn't pull it off.

A dress shirt looks very groomed and fashionable, so props on the concept, BUT -If executed properly, because its very tricky to do that. The shoulder cut ( the stitch line where the sleeves start), should not be sloppy (pointing outwards) but RIGHT above your shoulder (and hence pointing UPWARDS). Immediately after, you sleeves should begin. Since you have a slender figure from what it seems, you should go for slim fit cuts that are specifically different from the variety you're wearing, the kind that are designed to carry the bulging tummies of older men.

Also, yes, you're 22 but DO experiment with colors. pastels are very safe for starters, so are blacks and browns etc, but I recommend you look into the Spring/summer '13 collections of various fashion houses for in style prints and colors as well.

Furthermore, look at polo and plaid shirts etc that look equally polished and mature. Even textures and fabric can make your clothing comfortable enough to be worn on day to day basis without having to resort to tee shirts etc.

If you have chosen upon this genre of dressing, you might as well say good bye to denim jeans and introduce at least cotton and suede trousers in your outfits. Plus, shoes to go with them. A pair of oxford shoes, and a few loafers are good for starters.

I have typed this in a hurry, sincerely hoping to have covered the main points. I do take clothing questions for guys seriously lol so I do hope this answers.

• I don't shop for clothes too often but this should give me a good starting point. Thanks

• No problem, That's good to hear. You don't have to spend too much really. These are very basic items and pretty inexpensive if you look at the right places. I highly recommend GQ's Facebook page and/or website for starters. It will give you lots of inspiration and references that you could hunt down in your locality. It's a skill you shall perfect with time, but you should know its about technique and eye for quality, not price or brand name really. Thanks for BA and good luck!