Does he understand how angry I am or take me seriously when I say I'm done?

So I recently told this guy that I used to date and later casually hooked up with that I was done putting up with his sh*t and that it was over if things didn't change. I've said this in the past, but this time I meant it. The first time I saw him out after this I looked at him, he looked at me and we held eye contact for a moment, then I turned away and walked off and ignored him for the rest of the party. I saw him again the next day and while I did speak to him, it was only because my friend stopped to say hey to him. I was very standoffish and just kind of stood there and didn't participate much in the conversation. Normally I would have been happy and hugged him and carried the conversation. He seemed to notice my reaction at the time because he kept acting nervous and staring at me while she was talking to him and even offered to get me a drink, but now I'm not sure. That was a week ago. I haven't texted him for 2 weeks now and I finally texted him today. There is an away football game in Texas that we are all going to and he is from Texas so I said we were trying to figure out the best bars to go to and I thought he would know. All he said was "nope". I mean, I guess he doesn't know because he's from a different city that where the game is, but couldn't he have said something more than that? I've been angry and haven't texted him in 2 weeks and I finally do and I can't even get a complete sentence?! I didn't expect that at all. I thought he would maybe ask what day we're getting in town or suggest meeting up to party. Does this mean he doesn't understand how angry I am or isn't taking what I said seriously thinking I'll come back like before? Or am I just completely over thinking this?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You were upset, gave him an ultimatum, broke up with him, and ignored him for 2 weeks. He got it. You two are OVER. So, now, you are dead to him. You no longer exist in his world, by your choice. All that is fine.

So why in the world do you expect to still be friends with him. It doesn't work that way. You ended it, so now it's ENDED. Over. Kaput. Done. Finished. Dead.

You don't get it both ways.

0|0
    0|0
    • Then why did he reach out and try to talk to me? Are you saying that if I had been more receptive things would be different? I know him, I know he will try to talk to me and test me out again when he sees me. I don't know when it will be but I know it will happen at some point. What do I do? I want to talk to him and I don't want to drive him away, but I don't want to make it seem too easy or like I never meant what I said.

Recommended myTakes