What can I do to get over this shame?

Ever since I had a kid I've been self conscious about my stomach area.

I lost a lot of weight and I am left with a wrinkled stomach.

Before then, my body was perfect in my eyes. Although I look pretty much the same has I did pre-pregnancy (no one would no the difference unless I lifted up my shirt and showed them).

But, I feel so ashamed when I go into a doctors office and they want me to remove clothing.

I feel discussed at myself and embarrassed like they will think I am a freak.

The whole time while they are checking me, I hope that they don't lift up my shirt and see my stomach.

I can't live like this anymore.

I am 26 years old. I've been going through this since I was 22. I miss my bikini body. I know my stomach can't be fixed unless I do surgery. But what can I do to get over this feeling of shame?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• There's no reason for SHAME. You had a child. You sacrificed your body to a small degree to bring a new life into the world. Believe it or not, a lot of people get that and respect you for it.

Sure, we all get why you might be less than anxious to show your stomach off, but everyone has body flaws, and you just have to accept them. At least this is something that CAN be corrected with surgery if you want to take it that far. Most guys would rather you be thin and have a bit of extra skin than having you be 50 pounds overweight, so it's not nearly as big a deal as you think.

And when they take off your shirt, they're not going to be focused on your stomach, but about 6" above that...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes