European standards racist?

In America we have European beauty standards that non Europeans are expected to meet and if not they are considered ugly. . is that racist?

65

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course that's racist!

Its pretty much saying,

If you aren't

-light

-if you do not have narrow features

-if you are ethnic looking

you are not beautiful (even though you very well may be) just because of the simple fact you don't have the "European beauty".

• Ty for ba :)

• there is all kinds in Europe, if we were all going to be light skinned and have narrow feature it would be called scandinavian beauty, Most people in Europe has big lips or noses. like italians, greeks, russians, poles and spaniards. Plus most in Europe are brunette or fake blondes :)

• Understand that even though whites skin tones may vary a little, it is still way different than that of someone that is black , Indian or of a different race. Not just that, European people possess different features from other racial backgrounds. There really isn't any arguing that, no matter how much you may say the looks vary. You cannot mistake a European woman for a black/Mexican/Indian/asian woman. You know what is meant by this.