Why do they mention the HPV vaccine at the Doctor's office?

It was so awkward.. like um... I don't sleep around, so I don't need it... weird.

113

Most Helpful Girl

• That's like saying you don't need to know what condoms are because you don't sleep around. It's always best to be as informed as possible when it comes to your health, even if you don't need to utilize all the information. And it's a doctor's responsibility to acknowledge that and do what they can to help. Besides, you don't need to sleep around to catch- or spread- HPV. It's an extremely common common disease, and even if you just sleep with one person in your lifetime, you could get it. It's also very dangerous because it can result in cancer. Even children who aren't sexually active are often vaccinated for HPV, because it's becoming a serious problem. So don't feel insulted when your doctor brings it up.