Social anxiety/Social phobia..!

Help me out here everyone! I have terrible terrible social anxiety, which makes no sense to me because I am very outgoing. I know it sounds so contradicting. It's just like certain situations that like really set it off. Like walking to class if I see someone and it's maybe a little awkward I shake and can't breathe. And I cancel plans all the time because I'm freaked out. I don't know why or of what. This also makes it very impossible to date because I will not hangout with a guy one on one(just to be clear it's not because guys aren't interested in me). Guys I really like will ask me out and I make up bs excuses cause I panic. Like when me and a friend are on a way to a party I shake and can't breathe and really don't wanna go, but after being there for like 5 minutes I have a great time and am glad I came. Also when I get super nervous and shaky and can't breathe my stomach also hurts really bad and my hands get sweaty. I am also a very confident person, so I don't understand why this happens to me. Any advice or anyone else experience this? Don't tell me that I should just get over it and make myself go out because I can't, trust me I have tried. HELPPPPPPPPP!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Honestly, I think you need to go see a psychologist about it. They're really good at what they do. I have never been a confident person myself, but I no longer beat myself up about it because I saw a psychologist. Maybe they could help you too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes