Attracted to music.....?

Hello

I have been feeling lonely for some time now, even though I have many friends I hang out with almost everyday. It's just that a part of me resent them. Which is weird, I know, but I think it is because I really don't have anything in common with them, they're like the total opposite of me and my point of view. Especially in music.. Which leads to my question.

All my other friends loves house music or pop etc, which can be OK at parties or whatever. But I love music like the White Stripes/Dead Weather/Raconteurs. And I haven't found anyone who enjoys this type of music like I do, and I really crave someone like that. I have therefore started an obsession for the musician Jack White.. Does anyone have any cure or explanation for my behavior ?

Hope you understand the question, thanks

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I don't know if this will brighten you're mood at all, but, imma tell you a little story.

Bout' 3 years ago I moved to a new province (yes I'm Canadian) and went to school and didn't know a soul. Me being me eventual met everyone. I'm a big metal head, I like old skate punk to, some oldies and a I rock some ska now and again. Almost every person I met like the top 40, club music, stuff I can't stand, I'd even say hate. I had nothing in common with these people and still managed to hang and have a laugh.

Then I met some people that listened to the same kind of music I did and eventually met more of them. As funny as it is, I didn't feel any different hanging out with that crowd then the people I initial met on campus. In fact, I don't hang with any of them, metal heads or the top 40 crowd. You know why? Music doesn't make a person personality. Don't get me wrong, it helps and it fosters but doesn't create.

For some people music IS there life, and, for that person maybe that's what they need and what they do. But, unless you're a rock star, listen to the music you like and hang with the people you like. There's nothing wrong with not fitting the demo graph.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• This usually happens because we look for something or someone to identify with something about ourselves. If you worry too much about not being like the people you're around all the time, you'll look for someone to share something personal about yourself with. It's not a bad thing, but it can become a problem if you focus on it too much. Try meeting as many new people as you can in random places and eventually you'll find people you have enough things in common with that you'll likely stop using music as a bridge to connect to others. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Good music determines it's self by how long it survives the generations it's timeless. That's why a lot of today's music is gone tomorrow. Love your pic by the way, good looks capture people like good music :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes