Guys, what do you think about a girl giving flowers to a guy?

I love flowers and I like receiving flowers but I would also like to give my boyfriend some. I'm not sure how he'd appreciate it, since he's quite traditional.

Do you think it's equally nice for a guy to receive flowers? Or do you think it's weird and guys don't really care about it and would look at them like, "wtf, I'm a man".
Updates:
Ok, I didn't picture myself giving a full bouquet. Just one flower. Sorry for the image confusion.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If they're sunflowers with roots still attached I'll grow them... A bouquet going to confuse the hell out of me... I'll be like hmmmm? O_o? Then I'll toss them in the garbage. =P

0|0
    0|1
    • Guys only get flowers when they are in the hospital or in the casket. I don't even know if we like them then, but it's hard to talk with a tube up your nose or when your dead so we manage. =P

• @Update: It's best not to buy cut flowers for guys... We really don't have any sentimental fulfillment from receiving them, we have no use for them, and don't really know what to do with them. I mean if one was left behind at my house I might dry it out and put it in something or draw it, but I'm not going to sit around holding it and sniffing it being like she's so thoughtful lol. I love plants, and more artistically open minded then a lot of guys... It won't even fly with me, so yeah...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yeah, I think most guys would be unimpressed. It just doesn't really connect with guys the way it seems to with girls. So not that it would be a bad gesture, but it's just sort of overkill... there are a million other things a guy would find more appealing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer a plant in a pot .

it's more of a lasting sentiment and I'd want to care for it and keep it alive because my girl gave it to me.

giving people cut flowers is a bit like giving them a dead puppy, sure it was cute when it was alive but a week down the line it's gonna rot and smell.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just don't see me liking a flower as a gift. I appreciate them when they're growing and stuff. I'd feel kind of bad that it couldn't reach it's potential because it was picked for me. I mean, I can appreciate them in a garden, but like someone else already said, I wouldn't appreciate getting one as a gift as much as a woman probably would.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd actually be happier with the bouquet of rather then just one. I love flowers, my mother is a florist so I guess it's kind of built in. Honestly, if a girl gave me flowers, it would make my day. I'd probably smile for the rest of the week.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it's kinda cute/sweet but giving flowers to a guy would be the equivelant of giving a girl a ticket to a football game or something lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Flowers are pretty awesome to be given by a girl. All guys know that flowers are a universal gift that we are supposed to give to a girl. If a girl gives me flowers, I will instantly know something is up :)

Just not a full bouquet, maybe just one or two flowers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh, doing it would be progressive. I personally like flowers, myself, but I don't know if I'd like a bouquet of them... then again, it's something I've never really thought about. I just think they're pretty in a poetic kind of way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not my prefered choice of gesture, but I would still show gratitude for the thought. After all it is the thought that counts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't give a guy flowers, unless you know him well enough that he will be receptive to him. Don't want him to feel emasculated! :-X

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy lol.

If he is manly man like me, I suggest to not give him one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like that gesture! Very down to earth, I think it's attractive

just not a bouquet, a single flower will suffice :3

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd expect sex if I got a rose or other type of flower. I'd think it was sexy.

0|0
    1|0
  • I would like that...cannot speak for your man however...o.O

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm going to be honest... nice gesture but kind of emasculating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Aw.

:)

0|0
    0|0
  • For me?! :O! Wai thank you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I see nothing wrong with this.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeeea no on the flowers lol

0|0
    0|0
    • but I think depending on the guy get a blue color or something dark and make it silly or his favorite color.

• I wouldn't appreciate.

0|0
    0|0
    • Just one flower is different. You can attach it to your jacket's boutonniere. Quite nice if it's not too big a flower.

• I'd like it

0|0
    0|0
  • A total waste of money. Unless...Your card attached says: "Now THIS is the kind of bouquet that I'd like to receive sometime!"

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes