Should I give him a chance?

Am I right for doing this? I have this guy who likes me but I do not feel the same way. I know he really cares about me but I know there is a chance I might hurt him because he's not the ONE. Should I give him a chance or save him the heartache?
Updates:
Thank you so much for the advice :D I did the right thing and we're cool now as friends <3

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• well if you don't have any type of feelings towards him then I suggest not dating him cause you don't want to break his heart being with him and then dumping him. I kinda went through the same thing not to long ago.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you have chemistry, go on a date or two and see how it goes.

If you don't, don't go there.

You can be compatible with a number of people. It's more like a compatibility percentage than finding "the one," IMO.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say no. You'll only be making the impact of the heart break worse. On a side note, there is no such thing as "the one". Love is not a one time experience, no matter how intense. The possibility of others always exists.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're not into him then you're not into him. That's OK and normal

Don't be with someone out of pity

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes people think they have the one, until 20 years later when their filing for divorce. With that being said, no, don't give him false hopes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a guy that is in the same position as your lover is. So you´re basically just reading the opinion of someone in probably exactly the same position as the person you are concerned about so I feel my advice to you is pretty important.

Were you my crush, I would want you to admit to me what you are going through and would want you to just tell me that you do not know what to do but do want to give me a chance. Be honest here, there is nothing in the world he would like more just now then being with you and if you would give him a chance, he will take that chance to proof he may be a better boyfriend then expected. If my crush would explain her situation to me I would take the chance but I would accept it if it the date would not succeed. And I would respect her even more as a friend because she was honest and nice enough to try me.

And hey, if your opinion about him doesn't change he will understand that you two weren´t supposed to be together anyway and he will start seeing you as a friend again. In my opinion there is nothing worse than not getting the chance to proof yourself.

Be honest with him and tell him the rules: and who knows, perhaps he will turn out a much better boyfriend than you thought he would be. There might be someone else you like more, but if he does not pay you the attention you deserve then he´s not worth it and you will find out that its better to start spending time with guys who DO like you and care about you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you very much for your advice but I really don't want to hurt him so I'll leave him alone since I don't have the same feelings for him.

• Oh well, thank you for taking the time to comment on my answer though! But do know that if this guy really cares about you you would probably be hurting him more by not giving him a chance. If he shows you he is serious and has asked you multiple times then he is certainly not afraid of being hurt. If this guy is genuinely nice just go on one little date and see how it goes. Live is too short too skip a chance like this.

• Leave him be. If you are not into him then it would be unfair to him to even try.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes