Help? lifting at a gym at school

so I'm on the skinnier side. I am 6'2" and weighed 160ish lbs and I was lifting at my house for 5 months and I made gains and my weight was at 180. I was making progress I was lifting heavier. now I'm in college and the gym seems so packed all the time. I always feel self cautious. like I don't know 100% what I'm doing. If I went 2 days without lifting before I would get pissed, it became part of my day like eating. now that I'm at school I have lifted like 5 times in 2 months. mainly because I feel like people at the gym are judging me. I know that 99% of the people aren't but I just can't help it. also when I can't lift as much as that guy it puts me down. which is also ridiculous. I prefer to lift by myself I have always felt like I do better and move at a better pace. how can I get over being self cautious and get back into a routine?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Why care about what anyone else is lifting? I know guys who can bench 250 or more and can't run 2 miles or do 12 good pull ups. Now a runner who maybe weight trains once in awhile may not be able to bench as much as a body builder but he may be able to do more push ups and can smoke guys like that in a race or marathon. It depends what your training for any everyone is at different levels and doing different things I still respect anyone for trying to improve themselves in any way.

You should just focus on good form and working out correctly.