Help? lifting at a gym at school

so I'm on the skinnier side. I am 6'2" and weighed 160ish lbs and I was lifting at my house for 5 months and I made gains and my weight was at 180. I was making progress I was lifting heavier. now I'm in college and the gym seems so packed all the time. I always feel self cautious. like I don't know 100% what I'm doing. If I went 2 days without lifting before I would get pissed, it became part of my day like eating. now that I'm at school I have lifted like 5 times in 2 months. mainly because I feel like people at the gym are judging me. I know that 99% of the people aren't but I just can't help it. also when I can't lift as much as that guy it puts me down. which is also ridiculous. I prefer to lift by myself I have always felt like I do better and move at a better pace. how can I get over being self cautious and get back into a routine?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why care about what anyone else is lifting? I know guys who can bench 250 or more and can't run 2 miles or do 12 good pull ups. Now a runner who maybe weight trains once in awhile may not be able to bench as much as a body builder but he may be able to do more push ups and can smoke guys like that in a race or marathon. It depends what your training for any everyone is at different levels and doing different things I still respect anyone for trying to improve themselves in any way.

You should just focus on good form and working out correctly.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You have to stop comparing yourself to the people around you. I think to an extent we all have that problem, but in the end it's self defeating. With respect to this situation, everyone in the gym is there for the same reason, they're trying to improve their body/health. You know where a lot of us make the mistake...we think we need a strong body. You know what's more important than a strong body? Strength of mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why the hell do you care what others think?

Do you actually think that other people's views define you? Silly billy.

If you aren't going because of a warped view like that, you're the only one losing out.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to control that male ego my friend

0|1
    0|0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes