Why are people rude to strangers?

I am doing a job that involves calling people about election stuff and like half these people are super rude or hang up on me... like wow.. how would you feel if someone treated you that way? Mean.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• People are selfish and don't realize that you're doing it because you're being paid to.

One time someone phoned me to do a survey about the university. I didn't really want to do it, but I thought I should. At the end he thanked me and said I was the nicest person he had spoken to all day. All I did was answer his questions lol.

I feel sorry for people like Mormons, Evangelicals and Jehovah Witnesses as well. No-one wants someone trying to convert them, but they're not doing it because they believe they will benefit from it. They're doing it because they believe they are helping people and I think people should have respect for them for this reason.