Is this fitness statement true?

"it takes 4 Weeks to notice a change in your body.

It takes 8 Weeks for close friends and family (people who see you daily) to notice a change in your body

It takes 12 Weeks for others to notice a change"

Do you think this time frame is about right?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No. I think:

4 weeks for others to notice change in your body (They don't see you everyday, so it's more noticeable).

8 weeks for your friends/family to notice.

12 weeks for YOU to notice (You see yourself everyday).

When I first got under 10 percent body fat, I was in complete disbelief. My trainer teased me about it and assured me. After that I started seeing my body for what it was.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Roghly speaking, yes. But it depends how hard you're working. If you're really doing a lot of aerobics and core muscle work, you'll notice the change within a week, close friends will see in a month or less, everyone else within I'd say, 6 weeks. Building muscle mass will take a little longer, about what you describe, but overall toning can be much quicker.

0|0
    0|0
  • There really isn't a time frame, especially a rigid one, that suits everyone.

Some people can drop weight/put on muscle really quick. Others, it takes time.

It all has to do more with genetics, effort, diet, work out type, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Those you haven't seen in a long while tend to notice the most changes, in my experience. The people you're frequently around don't notice it because your body is transitioning too slowly for them to notice unless you took before & after photos

0|0
    0|0
  • i think people notice it before we do, cause we always expect that we will lose weight a lot quicker then we do and that we will see radical changes in a couple of week so the disappointment make us feel like nothing has happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.

I think those you see least often notice it first. Why? Because these things are gradual - day by day - its not as obvious to someone who sees you every day.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no incremental body clock that instantly changes the composition of your body at those times!

Your body is always changing at different rates all the time!

So no. It's not true.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a saying made up by Jillian Michaels to use for motivational purposes. Not true at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how determined you are at working out. Working out not only changes your body physically but also your mind mentally by the way (:

0|0
    0|0
  • Total BS if you ask me. It depends on the actual rate of change and circumstances making it visible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone is different. There's no universal fitness schedule.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is usually the case

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends..if you are dieting too or just trying to tone up if you are just trying to tone up I would agree, if you are dieting too and losing weight not just toning I would think people notice in a smaller amount of time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes