How to calm her down?

I have a friend who is really needy and hysterical. She has a boyfriend, in whom I don't trust too much, he ignores her and he is not that caring about her. Which drives me nuts, cause she is amazing, and sweet and a really loving person, but I can't stand watching her suffer.

How can I help her control her hysterical mind? She is really insecure, although she knows she is beautiful, she is fat and that kills her confidences and becomes really needy. Should I talk to her boyfriend and ask him to help?

02