What do you expect when you give a guy your number?

Do you expect him to text you or call you? The day after you give him your number or a couple days after? Do you expect him to flirt with you for a week or ask you on a date sooner rather than later?

I think a lot of guys (including myself) bail out of a potential friend/partner because we don't know the expectation on the receiving side.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually when I give someone my number, they text me an hour after they left :') haha

I expect a text the day after actually. He doesn't need to wait a week to ask me out, a couple of days later or even a day after it is fine.

No need to bail if you don't know what girls expect, that's like saying: I don't wanna start a relationship because I might do something wrong. That's just BS. If I wanna text a guy, I text him. If he doesn't appreciate it, tough luck, I won't do that anymore with that guy.

0|2
    0|1
    • I like that!

• I've never dated so I don't know these things. But that makes sense. I guess I just want to get it right the first time :)

• Not a lot of people get it right the first time, but that's okay. You can't see what a girl wants in a minute. Everybody makes mistakes, it's life :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'd want a guy to text me within 3 days and ask me out, I'd much rather meet face to face - you get to know someone a lot better, faster that way :) I'd get kind of bored if we were flirting for a week by text before anything happened. But it totally does depend on the girl.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd expect a text 3-5 days after giving my number. As for flirting/dates it kinda depends how well we click in conversation so no expectations for anything there. Have a few text convos, or call and chat to see if meeting up is something you're both interested in.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I expect him to text me the day after asking me to hang out with him or maybe just text or call me.

He doesn't have to text me everyday, but if he really liked me he wouldn't go a whole weekend without texting me either. So...

0|1
    0|0
  • In my personal opinion, if a guy was to call or text me the day after I gave him my number, it would seem annoying and needy. I'd like to think that with this particular guy, girls wouldn't be his number one priority and that he has a life, so a few days later is good. All girls are different, some girls are okay with you calling them but others would feel awkward and shy on the phone. Flirt with them for a week or so before you ask them out on a date - get to know her. You want to make her feel like you want to go out with her for the person she is rather than just wanting a date with any old girl.

0|1
    0|0
  • I expect them to never call/text but I hope they will call/text within 1-3 days and set up a "date" in 5-7 days. As Roosevelt said prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I give him my real number, I expect he either balls up and tries to get to know me/get laid or flake because it's just a game of how many numbers you can get. No real high expectations

0|0
    0|0
  • The day after is usually when I expect it. But sometimes the gut will text ME ASAP so I can have his number

0|0
    0|0
  • i just expect a text, so at least I know his number. Maybe have a few conversations and after a bit go on a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes I would expect a guy to call me after I give him my number .. but wait a few days before you call 2-3 days maybe (have her guessing) . chances are if I give a guy my number is because I like him or is interested or attracted to him . and is willing to get to know him better .. yes I expect him to flirt if he's into me . it sucks when you're questioning if you're in the friend zone or soon to be girlfriend zone .. don't bail ease in with flirting see how she responds if she likes you she will flirt back ... flirt in such a way that she'll know that you are interested in her ,.. but at the same time keep it mysterious ...

0|0
    0|0
  • I expect him to text me a few days later at least and then see how it goes from there

0|0
    0|0
  • to call her duh.and maybe ask her out

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes the day after I mean why give it

0|0
    0|0
  • For him to call me, after that point for him to not be a creep. But if I'm giving the number, provided not a fake, I want the call.

0|0
    0|0
  • I expect a text with in 2-3 days but I've found if a guy really likes me he will go contact me sooner than that. I don't expect an actual phone call until we've been out on a few dates. I think if you're really into a girl you should try to get in contact with her somehow.

As for flirting, I expect there to be flirting right from the start if he's really into me. I'd rather get asked on a date sooner rather then latter, then I know the guys not just stringing me along.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes