Is it good for the girl to be the initiator?

I don't mean sexual inititator.

I mean is it good for the girl to show the guy interest and that she want's sth more...

In my experience when the girl does that the guy starts taking her for granted and she ends up getting hurt. I mean like if the girl is honest about her feelings and shows the guy how much she cares for him, he thinks he can do whatever the hell he wants and she'll be OK with it ...

Are there guy out there who would appreciate that? In stead of take advantage of it? Do you think a balance can be established between the two partners in this situation?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Most men will care, most men will take it as an insult to their manhood. See, most men cannot feel like a real man unless they do all the work in the relationship. By you initiating, they are only able to interpret that as a direct insult to their masculinity and sexual prowess.

Other men, we are past such thoughts and don't mind in the slightest. When a woman we have attraction for shows drive and initiative, we appreciate it and can accept it.

• ugh sriously? what the hell does this have to do with your masculinity? or you being a man, that is just stupid :/ Your answer is really disappointing :D You're saying if I gather up the courage to ask a guy out (because that's a really hard thing to do you should know) he's gonna be insulted? Seriously? How am I not supposed to complain about men in this situation... Male logic |-(

• Aw, you are only 19, and you are very pretty (yeah I looked at your profile haha).

You know, I say go ahead and take the initiative, take a chance. Sure, most guys like Mr. Anon above me will probably feel threatened, but not all guys will, and those who aren't are more adapted for modern society anyway lol.

• ...most men? I doubt that in the sake of humanity.