Why do guys hate on girls that try to be skinny?

i read post on here a lot about how guys hate girls that watch what they eat and try to be skinny. but at the same time these guys praise naturally thin girls. that seems pretty unfair in my opinion. I mean shouldn't those of us girls that put forth the effort to be thin (and prevail) be held higher then the lucky naturally thin types? we're the ones doing the work. we go to the gym, we watch what we eat, we compulsively weight ourselves (that may just be me lol) I'm just saying why all the hate on those of us who try. I''m 5'8 and I've been a steady 123 since graduating high school (I use to be 118) and that isn't because I just eat whatever I want. its because I watch what I eat. some of us gotta put in the effort guys and you should appreciate us for caring about what you like. (end rant) (:

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's great if you're genuinely trying I'm 100% behind you. Would be cool if more girls were concerned about their health like you.

Lots of people just hate on others who try and be better. If you try and be successful and you're in the stage where you're struggling but working hard, people are gonna hate.

If you're not great at a sport but you work you ass off and your goal is to go bigtime, people are gonna hate.

If you're a super skinny dude trying to get big you're gonna get hate.

If you're sh*t with girls and you try and work on that, people are gonna hate.

Literally anything you try, as long as you're not successful yet, means you inevitably get a certain amount of hate.

People who hate either don't value work and improvement and don't have dreams or aspirations of their own OR they're the people who have given up on their dreams, either cause they're too p**** to chase them or cause they failed and just won't get back up again.

So f*** 'em ^^.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The only guys I know who actually hate on girls for wanting to be skinny are the insecure losers who probably would not have that particular woman unless she was still overweight and has low self-esteem. Thus they feel directly threatened by her wanting to get in shape, and they should, especially if she has a pretty face, should she become thin, even close to the media ideal body weight and or shape, she will become very desirable by other men, including attractive men with high character, who will treat her with respect and courtesy, something she's likely not getting from her current man - or otherwise he would already been supporting her weight loss/fitness efforts.

There's also the obsessive women, who are so focused on their fitness goals, to the exclusion of everything else, they suck the fun out of everything. Wanna go to the county fair, have some candied apples and cotton candy, an all-American tradition? "nope, can't do that, I must lose weight!" Being with such a woman is an exercise in frustration, unfortunately it's not an exercise that loses weight nor builds muscles lol. 99% of the time these women are already in good shape, so I encourage them to loosen up and have fun occasionally. Hell, I keep this physique and I have a little fun with food once a week, I'd go crazy otherwise.

Now, you also have those who don't appreciate the effort required to be fit. They see you, at 123lbs, at your height, already looking good. So they don't understand why you want to continue, they think fitness not as a lifestyle for all your life, but just a short-term thing you do, and once you look thin, they can't figure out why you need to continue. Be polite, tell them you are choosing to practice a healthy lifestyle, that you are not obsessed with numbers on the scale, that in fact you are beyond such pettiness. But you want to live a long, and active life, and the earlier you get in the good habits, you will reap the rewards for all the days of your life.

4|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind girls watching what they eat at all. It makes me feel healthier just by being around them! XD

Of course, I've had girls who get mad at for eating rather carelessly. I need to double my intake of calories to help gain more weight. As long as she's not guilt-tripping me, I'm good.

Heck, we can order 2 meals, and she eats half and gives the other to me. Less temptation for her, more noms for me, it's win-win.

You go to the gym? Even better! That gives me an opportunity to join in! I need to hit the gym, but I never have anyone to go with.

I agree, though. There should be a bit more respect for those girls who really work to keep their weight down. I guess there's just something..unrelaxing...about it. Perhaps it's the fact that a naturally thin girl isn't always worrying about her weight or something. I would hardly call it praise, though.

But yeah, if you're naturally thin, great! if you aren't, but you're making an effort to regulate your body and keep it in moderation, great! If you aren't naturally thin, but use that as an excuse for being fat, then act like you're entitled to a man and that men are shallow for not dating you, then we have a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably the same reason they hate on makeup and other things that aren't natural.they want a girl who is naturally and effortlessly perfect lol. Someone who can eat ribs, steaks and burgers while staying a size 4 lmao.

I think that as long as you look good it doesn't really matter what you do, some guys just like to talk sh*t

2|0
    0|0
    • "Someone who can eat ribs, steaks and burgers while staying a size 4 lmao. "

haha that sounds just like my ex - but she stayed at size 0 haha.

• The same way they want a chick who looks like Megan Fox without makeup, surgery or having to put in any effort

• It's called being politically correct

Also, people on the internet tend to bullsh*t their opinions and tend to have opinions that aren't of the minority.

You don't hear them complaining about VS models starving themselves for a month before the VS Fashion show when they're drooling over them right? How many guys do you hear bitching about Adriana and Candice going a month without eating? Not many

Guys typically don't give 2 sh*ts if a girl is anorexic or bulimic as long as she looks good and her diet doesn't affect him

5|0
    0|0
  • Hurray, someone who also does this.

In high school, I was naturally skinny. Then I got to college and put on 30 pounds. Now I watch what I eat, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. It's not easy, but I give myself breaks. In the long run, being healthy is more important to me though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no problem if a girl watches what she eats and tries to be skinny. There is a difference between watching what you eat and being paranoid about eating at all though. I think that causes confusion,

1|0
    0|0
  • Strong is the new skinny..so if they don't lift..forget it..im not talking bout cardio bunnies either ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • if a girls tries to keep skinny, I have no problem with it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Why all that hatred on the naturally thin girls?

0|0
    3|0
    • where is the hate? lol

• " I mean shouldn't those of us girls that put forth the effort to be thin (and prevail) be held higher then the lucky naturally thin types? "

• I called naturally thins lucky. I'm just saying some of us have to put in the work, and shouldn't be discounted for having to try. doesn't make anybody better then anyone. my bad if its coming off sounding any other kinda way.

• That's not me...I LOVE skinny girls...(:(:(:

0|0
    0|0
  • I definitely don't hate on girls who try to be thin. When I say something about a girl having lost weight I usually say it encouragingly and suppoet her in what she wants. The only time that would change would be if she was at an unhealthy weight and suffering from malnutrition. I also object to girls trying to change how they look simply because society says so. Girls can look beautiful when at sizes 14 and 16. Why try to fix a healthy body?

I will NEVER hate on girls, EVER. I just object to them hating their own bodies for no good reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's mostly larger women who hate on girls who try to be thin and are succeeding at it.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're just trying to be politically correct

But instead they want you to be thin

0|0
    0|0
  • Somehow when a girl is enjoying food, I assume she's more open to enjoying sex... or even life in general. But my girlfriend works on being slim and I'm supportive :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes