I've never had a girlfriend and worry that by the time I meet a girl, she'd have already been with guys before

Okay, so I'm 23 year old guy and I worry that she'll make comparisons, not just in the bedroom, but in general. How do I get these thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• well at that age its normal for girls to start dating sooner and to have allready been with guys . I think its better to just accept that as a fact and move on . most of the single girls your going to meet are not going to be virgins and most are going to have been with at least one guy if not more .

you maybe need to focus on what you can bring to a potential relationship and some positive reasons a girl would want to date you and focus on improving some of your negatives .

such as say your clothes sucks then go out and get something better . or if your out of shape join a gym .

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm not worried about dating a girl who is exactly my age. I don't mind if she's between 18-24, but I'm certainly not limiting myself to just my age. If I meet a girl and we connect, but she happens to be 18, then as long as it doesn't bother her, it won't bother me. And I'm not particularly worried about a girl not being a virgin. Like I said, I'm not going to limit myself to a certain person.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• These thoughts are completely normal. I would feel the same about a guy. You have to know though, not all girls your age have has boyfriends, or serious ones at least. Don't worry about your future girlfriend making comparisons. This is also completely normal, but mind you, not all girls do this. By the time you meet a girl, just be yourself. Don't worry about doing everything 'perfect'.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't seem to be the only one.

Btw, an interesting quote I found on GaG:

---

"I think the guys who are obsessed with dating virgins are simply terrified of being compared to past lovers. (A fear that would be even worse if she was a hooker who had many many past lovers.)"

link

---

That you're not the only one with issues like this doesn't make it OK to demand abstinence or celibacy until marriage from girls.

Just get over these feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't. Just be you and live in the moment.

0|1
    0|0
  • i'm around your age, and I don't care if a girl has been with many guys before, well, okay, just as long as she hasn't been with more than 5

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone has a past

Don't let that get in the way of your futre

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes