I told my crush I like him..... real or fake? rebound or genuine?

So I've liked one of my guy friends for a while now. I mean't to tell him that I liked him for a while now. but I waited to long and he asked out this girl I absolutely cannot stand! well 2 days after they changed there relationship status on Facebook to "in a relationship" I told him I liked him and if he is happy with the girl he is with. and that if he actually did like her and is not dating her just because he's "known her for a year". he said that "its not like were gonna get married or anything , I'm only 16, were gonna go out for a little bit than break up." than he said when they break up he would try a relationship with me, it just sucks cause everyone says that I'm prettier and have a better personality than her,( I know I have the personality cause I was friends with the girl-she's a psychotic bitch) but I don't believe it at all, he's seen me at my highest(190) and lowest weight(133), I was disgusting at my highest beautiful and confident at my lowest but now I feel fat and ugly after gaining 16 pounds back, but he says I like fine the way I am and that I don't need to lose weight (he knows I'm currently trying to get this disgusting extra off of me)i feel like I don't deserve him! for all you guys out there, does he genuinely mean that he would give me a chance or was he just saying that to make me feel better? and for all you girls would you feel like the rebound chick?

10