Do you care if your significant other can't sing?

I'm really shy about singing (mostly because I'm terrible at it), and it seems like every guy I date is super offended about my hesitation to sing in front of them. But which is worse: being self conscious about my voice, or just going for it and singing like a dying walrus anyway?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated a girl that had an amazing voice. She was a second soprano. It was nice at first, but got so old. She would not stop singing, and it got on my nerves. Plus, she would drag me to all of her stupid musicals.

I like it if a girl can carry a tune. I sort of expect it. If she couldn't sing though, I wouldn't really care too much. I can't sing either.

After a few drinks, I'm effin Pavarotti.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Anyone can sing cecently with a little coaching and practice. Have you thought about taking a course or getting some instruction? You'd be amazed at what you can do with a little encouragement and exercise of your voice!

Don't put up with guys who insist you sing. Most of them can't sing any better, so why do they insist on embarrassing you? Find other guys!

1|0
    1|0
    • Thanks :) I really want to get training since most of my friends are very talented, but I can't afford it right now.

• You can probably get a few hours instruction for not that much...maybe in an evening class? check advertisements online...or talk to your friends.

• Um... why would someone care about singing?

Just the question and circumstance alone baffles me.

I've never experienced anything like that.

But um... yeah you shouldn't care what they think about your singing. If you feel like singing along to the radio, then do it. If you don't feel like singing, then don't. I don't see why it's such a big deal.

1|0
    0|0
    • I guess it's an unusual problem lol. In high school, I did theater and the talented students I worked with always jumped down my throat when I sang off key, so maybe that's why I'm self conscious now. Anyways, I envy you for not having to worry about that.

• I sound terrible when I sing, and does that stop me? NO ha ha I love making people listen to my horrible out of tune singing. So if a girl can't sing why would I care? So long as she's having fun I don't care, she and I can both sing terribly together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Before I got into musical theater where everyone sings well, I knew many girls who could sing and exactly one guy who could. Most guys sound like dying walruses so honestly they shouldn't judge you for doing so as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why you'd have to sing in the first place.if you don't want to sing just don't.you're not a singer

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a singer-type either (although my female friends have told me that I have the voice for it! :-P).

The lack of singing wouldn't bother me at all, Ms. Female Nidoran!

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Although my guy can sing. He doesn't think he can, but he can.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most pop singers can't sing but they get crowds at concerts

So why would we care about your singing as long as you're both having fun?

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't sing to save my life and I could care less if my girlfriend couldn't either.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not something I would be concerned about.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol no...

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol, Dying Walrus? Total deal-breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dying walrus...love it. Just sing.

0|0
    0|0
  • why would i?

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not although my significant other can really sing

0|0
    0|0
  • No, while I'd like it if a girl can sing it isn't a reason to avoid a relationship with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could care less.

During my first date with my ex, he asked if I knew a certain song. I was like 'i'm not sure'..so he sang a little bit and he was the worst singer ever. and he knew too

It's kinda cute lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry but this just sounds so stupid. Why would they care so much about you singing in front of them? I never sing in front of people, unless I'm just singing along to something where no one can hear my voice over the music playing, and no one has cared in the least that they have never heard me sing..

0|0
    0|0
  • not at all

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes