Getting a girls number...

guys! do you ask a girl for her number at a party or the bar because you only want a no strings attached hook up, or is it because she has genuinely interested you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No offence, but that's a pretty silly question, don't you think? I mean you don't think it could be either? If I wanted to see her again, regardless of the reason, don't you think that getting her number would be a good idea? Don't you think that if I wanted to date her, the number would make it easier? Same goes for if I just wanted sex. Don't you think that her number would make it easier?

Point is, there is no way to tell a guys intention for the number. No matter what he wants, the number could help with that. Short answer is, either. It depends on the guy.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• A man walked into a bar and asked for a phone number. He got sex.

A man walked into a bar and asked for a phone number. He got sex.

A man walked into a bar and asked for a phone number. He got rejected.

Nope...I don't see any general interests except for sex.

3|1
    1|0
  • If I'm asking for a number...I genuinely like the girl.

If imma just hookup that nite, then I don't need her number, cauz I wouldn't need to maintain contact.

Back in the day when I would FWB...i still needed to like her personality enough to be FWB, so I'd need her number regardless.

----

Jumbled, but hopefully I made sense!

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I am going to get your number when you are alone on the street, out to eat, or some place away from a party or bar. You will be too defensive about guys at a bar to do any good, and especially if you are in a group of girls. On an airplane going to some place exotic or stuck on a ski lift with you next to me is best. That way I can talk to you a bit to know a little more about you before getting your number. I also won't get your number until just a minute before we depart ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I meet somoene at the bar and I wanna hook up I'm not gonna ask for her number... ta f*** do I need that for? We either hook up that night or on to the next. If I do ask for her number its probably cause she's not the type to hook up after just meeting someone and I wanna get to know her a bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends if she has genuinely interested me or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • well at parties and bars expect the ratio of men who are looking for sex be naturally higher.

Someone asking for your number just means they see potential for something greater at the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Most guys don't. They are just scared little kittens. :P

0|0
    1|0
  • It can be either - it really depends

0|0
    0|0
  • could be either.. there's no general answer

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy and the girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    1|0
  • Depends on the guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its usually a combination of both.

0|0
    0|0
  • At a bar, it would only be for sex. There's no other point in talking to the girl otherwise if she's one to go to bars. I would never want to date a girl who goes to bars. It's just asking for drama. Just the thought of it sickens me.

0|0
    2|1
    • lol so if a girl goes to a bar then she's not worth talking to... because she went to a bar... was this a serious answer? am I the only one who laughed?

• At your age I can see why you are laughing. When you get older and more mature you'll understand. I was 21 once too.

• It could go either way, but most of the time it will be sex if asked at parties and bars.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the guy

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes