Is it wrong to only want to talk to someone, if you're going to get something out of it?

I feel so guilty for even having to ask this question. But, me and grandmother recently stopped talking, it's been about 2 weeks now, and even though I love her so much, the only reason I feel tempted to talk to her is because she would occasionally send me money. I feel so superficial and like a bitch, I don't even know why or how I'm thinking like this. I feel selfish. I know , not anyone can tell me why I'm thinking the way I am, but I just don't know what to do. I feel like my thought process is all f***ed up.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• well, I understand. talking to old people can be a real drag - they're living in their own fantasy world full of boredom and stuff.

but you should also take into consideration that she's your family, old, she probably doesn't have a social life and every visit/discussion means a lot to her.

so as much as I hate altruism, this is one of those rare cases where I think it's good to be altruistic.